I read this and went ugggg....

I have lost a lot of weight, I mean like 2 peoples worth of weight. I saw this on the news today and went uggggg. I look at it as just one more thing to keep people inside instead of actually going out. http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/wii-calories.htm My question is this, what is the world coming to now that we have the Wii and can exercise in front of the T.V.? I will take Manhattan any day over the Wii.
@winterose (39918)
I don't know much about wi, but exercise in front of the tv is better than no exercise at all. These things appeal to people that would never exercise, they need stimulations so they are aids for them. People that like to exercise outdoors will still exercise outdoors that won't change. The whole idea is to get more people to exercise, reach the people that would never exercise before.
Rose, I see your point, I truly do. I just worry that the Wii will become a replacement for our children rather than the world outside. Ainge
@sedel1027 (17855)
Since the Wii came out people have been using it for a replacement for outdoor exercise. I do the the benefits of doing that especially if you work long hours or it is raining, at least you still get exercise. I do not think it should be used all the time though.
I guess I am lucky where I can walk in Manhattan to see sites. I just found it interesting that the Wii is now being promoted as a good form of exercise. For me it was about changing my diet and my attitude to loose what I did. Thanks for the response. Ainge
@saundyl (9690)
I think its something useful for the parents that find it hard to get their kids to go out and play..or for those that dont have a safe area for the kids to go out and play. It shouldnt be a replacement for actually going out and doing things though. Maybe its just me but i dont find exercising inside infront of the tv very...helpful Any of the videos i find go too fast to follow or u look like a total goof trying to follow half of what they are doing. I'd rather go out and go for a walk...go horse back riding or if i must be inside (like winter timewhen its -40 out) use the elliptical trainer. (i purchased it instead of a gym membership b/c it was half the price and i use it way more than i would make the effort to drive into town to use the local gym)