It is Time for a Libertarian as President

@gewcew23 (8011)
If you want to get out of Iraq vote Libertarian. The Democrats will not end the War in Iraq. Democrats control Congress, right. Congress controls all of the money that is spent fighting the war in Iraq. What happens though Bush demands Congress give him more money, and all they say is how much. If you want you personal freedoms protected vote Libertarian. Republicans only care about protecting the rights of gun owners, and Christians. Democrats only care about protecting the rights of Homosexuals, and a womans right to choose. It is time all of our freedoms are protected, not just some. If you want fiscal responsiblity vote Libertarian. Bush had six years of Republican controled of Congress. Instead of using this to cut spend they increased spending. They increased spending so much that it made Bill Clinton look like a fiscal Conservative. Democrats came to power and what did we get more spending. Throw out spending for Iraq, the current budget will still push us into deficit this year. The three top pork barrel spenders this year where Republican Senators. Why not give a Libertarian a shot at the President?
I actually voted libertarian in the election. The choices were so bad, I voted for Barr. The republicans and democrats are becoming virtually the same, in my opinion. I'm not a hard core libertarian, but I understand the need to "clean house", and reduce the size of government, as well as restoring the republic and the constitution.
@gewcew23 (8011)
I am proud for you. Bob Barr was not my choice for the parties candidate but I do realize why they choose him. I am not a hard core libertarian either. I am a libertarian in the political spectrum, but by issue to issue I do move from libertarian to conservative. I left the Republican party in protest, but I am going to come back once the party comes back to it's senses.
I'm a registered republican as well, but I just don't see the republican party changing. I think both parties are supporting socialist agendas, they just come at it from different angles.
@jormins (1224)
Libertarian candidates are very interesting to me. Ron Paul was not one I liked very much(it seemed he was more a Libertarian even though he's technically a Republican) but I do like much of what Libertarians talk about. Was Ventura a Libertarian? Only thing that would worry me is splitting the anti-war vote. Yes the Dem's could have cut off funding for the war but could you imagine what would have happened. The Republican Party would be all over the Dem's saying they are not supporting the troops and not patriotic. With Sen. Clinton I think she'll end the Iraq war as long as the majority of Americans want to. I swear her policy decisions are more based off polling than what is right. But Obama was against the war even when it was unpopular to be against it. I have the utmost confidence he'll end the war in Iraq as that's been his main theme this campaign. If Obama were to take office and then change his policy, he'd become very unpopular overnight. It would be very nice though to have more than 2 choices every election. As you know I am very tired of the 2 party system. I'd love a system that allows Libertarians and other smaller parties at least compete on some sort of fair ground. For one to be viable this election they'd need the funding of someone like Bloomberg just to have a puncher's chance.
@suspenseful (40316)
Well I am a Christian and I would rather want someone protecting me, not someone who will give more rights to homosexuals, etc. I do think people should have the right to protect themselves in their own homes. I am also for managing money properly, i.e. fiscal responsibility. I am all for protecting people, but not to protecting a specific group and this group wants to get rid of all our rights. As for the Iraqi war, I liked the idea of getting rid of Saddam. I was wondering how Americans would feel if Saddam had continued as dictator because that would have happened if America had not got into Iraq. Another thing, I do not like it when Republicans act as Democrats. But it would be interesting to see what would happen if three parties went against each other. I would rather have a Republican party in, and a president more on the line of Ronald Reagan, so I really do not care for Libertians. But the last president acted more like a Democrat and that is when things went wrong.
@sirnose (2440)
Come on now,you know as well as I do that whoever is president won't make a bit of different.Yes there should be other parties with a reasonable chance to win the house, but, what you are touting does not exist as of yet.It would be a breath of fresh air if that was true some other party had a chance to win in november.
@sirnose (2440)
Do you mean they the government should break-up Corporate America just like they did to "Ma Bell" phone system,it will never happen,there's to much greed and corruption in our political system.
Thats why WE need to shake up the government. Break up this corporate two party monopoly. We have the ability to. We're just brainwashed into believing "my vote doesn't count". Well, your vote and my vote and everyone elses vote DOES count - if we all get on the same page and kick out these corporate bought and paid for candidates.