Do you look in other peoples Shopping carts?

I can't help it most times. I can't begin to tell you a lie. I find when I see people who are shopping and they look fit and trim. I want what they have in my cart too. I also find that when I see people out of shape. In a major way I don't want what they have in those carts. if you don't look in other peoples carts You will after today it will be a curiosity thing for you. Trust me I can't help it either. What have you found to be the eye opener in peoples carts? For me when I see over weight people. I find th ice cream is all piled high. The cookies and donuts are not even half of the calories in the cart. In the thinner people carts. I find a lot of low fat this and that. I then will go back to get something I have not tried before. What are your eye openers on shopping days
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh thanks gifts, next time I go out I am going to be looking in other carts..
don't forget to post about it so I can laugh. I find the best jokes are "life" jokes.
I will bring my trusty pen and paper and jot down all the funny things..(that is if I find any, according to my daughter, nothing happens here.. )
@angemac23 (2005)
LOL...I think I do do this sometimes when I am waiting in line...I peek to see what the person In front of me has bought....It is mostly out of boredom while I am waiting and maybe I'm just a little nosy!
I will look on purpose if we are on the express line. i don't allow more than ten items to be in front of me. I am quick to call for a manager.
@lingli_78 (12846)
no, i never done this before honestly... when i shop, i want to do it quickly... so i just grab what i need and that's it... then i head out for the checkouts... i just don't have much time to walk around or look at people's shopping cart...
dear I don't think anyone has this much time. The carts are in front of the customers on the check out lines. LOL
LMAO Giftsandbags, I can't say I have looked in a person cart with the intent to see what they are shopping for, but I have been known to grab someone else's cart and not realize it until I get to the counter and wonder where all the strange food came from... Or I have thrown my stuff into the wrong cart, and get home and know for a fact I put it in my cart yet it is not here or on the receipt. LMAO yes I am losing my mind :))))
You know I am laughing right now. Angelwhispers,my daughter and I were at walmart. She just put her hands on a cart and was walking down the isle. I caught a look at it from the side while buying flowers to glue on my purses. I spotted a black handbag on the child seat. I said kk that is not your cart. You have someones handbag.. The lady turned with shock in her eyes. Then my daughter let go and we said sorry for the mistake.
@emma412 (1156)
Ha! I usually don't look in people's carts at the stores. In the grocery stores I will watch what people are putting up onto the conveyor belt. I find the same thing you are talking about. The larger people have the unhealthy food while the slimmer ones are putting up fresh fruit and veggies and other healthy things. I wonder what people think when they see what I put up onto the belt?
Now you have me wondering where your shopping at. I want a full view of your cart. My cart these days are less filled with fast foods and less meat as well.
@nicholejade (2430)
I have never done this. When I go shopping I go get what a need and usually get stuff that is not on my list. I have never really thought about looking in others peoples carts before. I can tell you that when we go to the chinese restraunts my mom likes to see the dishes that other people order. She is truly addicted to chinese. Some great dishes that we have also tried after seeing someone else have it cause it looks yummy.
I find it very hard to miss looking in carts. Most of these lines are just that long. Great eating on your part. I love Chinese as well
@bluemars (952)
I tend not too really look inside the cart as I am shopping unless I have come to a complete stop and the other person is the same and I am really bored or curious. I sometimes look because it is inevitable when you come to the check out and I notice other people look too so it is not something that one does alone. As the items are being scanned you just wonder what else they are taking home tonight. I don't there is nothing wrong with it and sometimes it even gives you ideas for dinner suggestion. That is funny but true.
That is how I see it as well..
@sedel1027 (17855)
How can you NOT look LOL I get so annoyed looking at cart though., I see all these people and the utter crap they buy. Makes me want to stop them and say "HEY STOP KILLING YOURSELF IDIOT". What I find hilarious is the over weight people walking through the store say "Oh I don't know why I can't loose weight"...gee maybe you should stop being things that are high in sugar and fat and eat food that will sustain you.
I have to laugh at this one. I feel the same way as you. I find that i am good at putting a snack back after looking in some carts.
I dont look at other people's carts coz i wouldnt want people doing the same to me. Personally its something private so i dont want others scanning my grocery cart...
Nothing in super market is private but your wallet and purse. If the person was staring in your bags that would be rude..
@whittby (3073)
Haha I'm glad to hear someone else does this. I just love to see what someone else is buying. I look at carts piled high with convenience foods and junk foods - if that person is overweight or has a bad complexion I say to myself - see what happens to you! What amazes me about shopping cart is how much money people spend - say at WalMart - huge amounts of money.
You know it's sad to say this out loud. I have seen people who spend a lot of money with food stamps. They have all convenient food in the cart. What about cooking and stretching the dollar.
@alexsis (2149)
No, I do not look into other people carts. I think that is being a little bit too nosy. You wouldn't want to look in my cart, well maybe you do. I'm slim and petite and I'm no a health junky. I have all kinds of junk food in my cart. Pizza, chips, cookies, and candy. I throw in a few healthy foods such as broccoli, fruits, wheat bread, and other veggies. But I mainly have junk food in my cart.
If someone is in a long line next to you. You find them nosy to observe what goes on around them... I would not want to look in your cart. I hate wheat bread so much. I would not mind the chips if they were lays.. Thanks
@megumiart (3781)
I tend not to, I've never really thought about it. I'll look more at what people are looking at or putting in their cart at the momment.
@Lindalinda (4112)
I don't look in carts but I can't help to watch the person in front of me unload their groceries onto the conveyor belt. I am always amazed to see the prepared and ready to heat up meals, the soda, the chips and cookies, white bread canned goods like canned potatoes and other junk food. It makes me wonder these days with all the food prices going up and the price of gas as well. How can people manage?
@metschica25 (5407)
sometimes I will take a peek in other peoples shopping carts . So , many times they are filled to the gills that I wonder how much their shopping bill just may be .
@guybrush (4661)
It IS interesting to look in other people's trolleys! Sometimes it gives you inspiration to try something new - and sometimes you wonder what on earth they're thinking - hahahaa!
@bowtieguy (5930)
I will usualy look while I am waiting in the checkout line, I like to see if I am getting some of the same things as others are.
@mishastar (738)
I never really look at whats in people shopping carts because I am just to much in a hurry to get in and out of the grocery store.
Lol, this is an interesting question. Well, I would say I wouldn't automatically and definitely look into others' carts. But sometimes yes, my eyes might just wander there a bit.
@Rosekitty (19445)
• San Marcos, Texas
This is funny since i'm one of those that gets what i want and leaves as fast as i can..one of my pet peeves is shopping and i try to grab whats on my list and make a fast dash out..except sometimes i find friends there and then we gab a few...Interesting subject!
I have never looked in anyones cart on purpose to see what they were buying. Sometimes something will catch my eye as I walk by but I do not walk by people and look at what is in their carts in order to make a decision on what food items I should or shouldnt buy. I am thin and always have been but I do not eat healthy so you would look in my cart and see soda and other junk food and think wow shes skinny and gets to eat that stuff I can do that to then. That just doesnt make any sense. I eat what I like and finding out what someone else eats does not make me want to go out and buy it just because they are.