is it true?

@stacyv81 (5904)
Is it true that marriage changes everything? I have a friend that was with and lived with her boyfriend for 6 years, and then got married and she said EVERYTHING changed. I also have 3 other friends that say the same thing. What do you think? From experience or witnessing it?
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I sort of agree. I lived with my ex husband for 7 months after we got married things changed between us. I also learned after he left me he cheated on me 4 months after I married him. So I am wondering if it is really worth even getting married truthfully.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
lol I meant to say before we got married not after. I have no idea why I said after we got married.
@stacyv81 (5904)
yea I dont understand how some people can take marriage so lightly.
@flowerchilde (12518)
I think it's human nature, that basicly people are their own worst enemy. I know tons of marriages that are very happy and keep getting happier in all ways.. Hubby and I lived together for 6 years, and have been married 28 years.. and after marriage we simply felt that much closer.. Of course there are some differences and difficulties in all marriages, but patience and putting one another first, instead of self first, greatly helps.
I personally believe that marriage should change nothing. If you've been living together for a while, you know how to live together. You know what works for you. You know how to co-exist. But a lot of times(more often than should be) people get caught up in stereotypes. The "should"s. What married people "do", how they should behave, how they should interact, how they should conduct their lives. I think it's all BS. You know what works for you so stick to what works. When you start forcing yourself to adapt to the "should"s then you start feeling trapped, chained, resentful and that's where the excessive arguing and infidelity come into play. People need to just not try to conform their lives into a specific little box. It just causes problems. Be yourself, live your life.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi stacyv81! In my case, marriage has changed my life and my husband's. My husband rarely go out at nights with friends and so did I. We spend most of our nights together. I am not as independent as I used to and have been consulting him and telling him of the decisions I am making because I know that in every decision I make whether, small or big, he will be affected by it and he consults and tells me just the same. I guess there are some changes in our attitude/behavior and some has remained the same. Before, I only think for myself, now I have to think about him too and this goes for him too. Just my thoughts dear friend. Take care and have a nice day!