I keep forgetting the borax to make my washing soap..

I am trying to get my soap made. I have to remember to get the borax.. Here are some tips t get you started cleaning the frugal way.. window Cleaner Mix 1/4 c. of vinegar with a quart of water and store in a clean spray bottle (or the last glass cleaner spray bottle you purchased when it becomes empty; be sure to rinse well before filling with new cleaner). You can also add a little lemon juice if you’d like. Use newspapers or reusable cheesecloth instead of paper towels. Wood Furniture Polish Mix together 1/4 c. vinegar and 1/2 c. olive oil and rub into wood furniture with soft cloth. You can also make this up in smaller or larger batches as needed (even by the teaspoon), it’s wonderful! Please note, use sparingly as to not damage fine wood surfaces, you might try a test spot first. Although rubbing a regular amount of this homemade cleaner onto furniture will bring out a beautiful shine, you really only need a very light coat, and maybe just a few times a year. Other than that, just wiping the furniture with a dry dust cloth each week should be sufficient. General Household Cleaner Mix 1/4 c. baking soda with a quart of warm water and store in a spray bottle as directed above. Rinse surface with plain water after each use. Laundry Fabric Softener Add 1 c. of vinegar or 1/4 c. baking soda to laundry during the rinse cycle. This also helps keep the laundry smelling fresh if you’ve previously left the wash in the machine too long... like overnight! ;o) I've been using this trick for many years and sometimes when it's really bad (like when the wash is left for even more than a day) the best thing to do is add the vinegar to the rinse cycle and let it sit for at least an hour. Carpet Freshener Sprinkle baking soda on carpets and let sit for a while before vacuuming. I have heard you can also use cornstarch but I have never tried that. Bathroom and Toilet Cleaner Mix 1/2 - 1 c. bleach with 1 gallon of warm water. Be careful not to get this on your clothes or bathroom towels and rugs… unless they are already white! For big cleaning jobs keep the room well ventilated and work quickly. Although bleach is a very inexpensive cleaner and great disinfectant, it is also toxic and should be handled carefully. Sink Drain Cleaner Pour 1 c. of baking soda into drain and then add 1 c. of vinegar. Mixture will foam and work on clog, let sit for a while before rinsing with warm water. If sink is still clogged repeat. Also, to keep our kitchen sink smelling fresh I like to toss a lemon or orange peel down the disposal whenever I think about it. Just make sure there are no seeds still on the peel because they can get stuck in the disposal blades and be a real pain to get out. http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/frugal/recipeshomemadecleaners.htm
@KKKBsmom (1093)
Wow there are some great ideas here... thanks for sharing them. Going to have to go work on getting some mixes made upe!!! I really need to get my shower cleaned and all the hard water/soap scum!
@carmelanirel (20979)
What a great site, I saved it for later, thanks gifts..
@winterose (39918)
Great tips, I have been using vinegar to clean my drains, and cleaning out coffee perculators for years. I also use vinegar on windows and floors, and if you have body odor a wash with vinegar and water does wonders.
@lynettebyc (2416)
So complicated, i don't even have the patience to read them through. Every time, i'd just go to to the supermarket to grab thins in my shopping cart and then pay them. I seldom try to DIY, although it's very fun. Caz I think it takes time to get all the materials, and hard to measure their volumes. Do they work? Have you tried. This can really save money and as well have fun.