MBA course is it a plus or a waste?

hi everyone... yesterday i saw a persons profile indicating he is a mba graduate... it sparks interest in me to continue my studies...and pursue my masteral degree in a reputable college here in philippines. in todays world do you think its a plus or just a waste of money and time? i am a graduate bachelor of science in commerce major in computer date management. im planning to take up master of science in computational finance. im not sure if this the course related to stocks. can anyone advise...^_^ I like to know what courses you finish please post them thanks ^_^
Several years ago,MBA in China is the fire,many students have to study it. if you have an opportunity to continue to learn ,this is a good idea. after you have the promotion and salary of great help,of course,work experience is also very important,in our country ,although many university students and cultural level is very high ,but the lack of work experience,it is very difficult to find a job!
hi zhongmingyunky... i think i will grab the opportunity to learn...thanks SMILE ALWAYS...^_^
@sedel1027 (17855)
To know if it is worth the time and money, look at the field you want to go into. If you see lots of jobs that require that Masters, then go get it.
i thinks its related to the field i like to go ^_^ thanks and SMILE ALWAYS ^_^
@underdogtoo (9599)
An MBA is surely a plus if you're in the Philippines where companies value degrees. I would suggest you keep on studying if it can improve your chances of getting promoted in your own company. The thing to do would be to get it when you already employed and not before you even get your first job because work experience trumps an MBA most of the time.
hi underdogtoo... im employed 6years experience lolz Thanks & SMILE ALWAYS...^_^
@faith210 (11233)
Hi metal_monkee! I think if you are going to have a career in big corporations or government and MBA or become a professor someday, this would be really a plus. It is as they say an investment for career advancement. Anyway, I have a Degree in Management and Industrial Engineering and took another course in Practical/Vocational Nursing ( one year schooling in the Philippines and continued my last year in UK). Take care and Good luck. Have a nice day!
hi ate faith... Thanks...yes those are good reasons for anybody to pursue MBA degree... sad and embarrassing for me to say another reason for me to go back to school is possibility for me to look for possible relationship? do you think its possible in MBA courses? or the ages varies greatly? iam 28yo now. im hoping to meet people their for friends. in my office now its hard to find someone... :( Anywayz thanks for patronizing my posts...i really appreaciate it..^_^
@faith210 (11233)
Hi metal_monkee! I do admire your honesty my dear young friend! Don't be embarrassed with the truth. However, many of people taking up MBA courses are mostly in their thirties and a small percentage are in their late twenties. I guess, if you take up MBA now, it is like shooting two birds in one stone. You are going to invest in your career and there is a chance you might meet your "future love" there. But you must bear in mind that if you can't find your love interest there, don't be frustrated and keep on with your studies. Who knows those people in your class have younger siblings or cousins or younger friends who will introduce you to them. Just my thoughts kapatid. Take care and have a nice day!
@rexiemay (402)
hi. i think that an MBA or a masteral degree is a plus for you as companies value this education. i guess before you take up any masteral courses make sure that this is what you want and this is the career you want to pursue. thank you.
hi rexiemay.... thanks my work here is importation and inventory. im planning to take up master of science in computational finance. not related to my job. but its related to my new found interest stock market investment...^_^ anyways i believe new knowledge is advantageous we must continue learning...^_^ SMILE ALWAYS...^_^
@skinnychick (6907)
Education especially higher education is never a waste. Employers will usually take those with more education than those with less. Even in life knowledge is power and I don't think a person could ever gain too much knowledge. I would definitely go back to school if you can.