Jenna Bush Won't Rule Out Voting Democratic

@anniepa (26069)
On Larry King Live First Daughter, Jenna Bush said she won't rule out voting for Obama or Clinton. Does anyone here think this is a bad sign for McCain? I mean, if he can't get all of the current residents of the White House that can't bode too well for him, can it? Annie
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I do not know how this will affect McCain, but I would like to send out a, Way To Go!!!! Horay for Jenna Bush. It is good that she is making her own opinion known and not just siding with her father.
@anniepa (26069)
I don't necessarily mean this in itself will affect McCain but that it's not a good sign for him. I second your "Way To Go!" to Jenna for being her own woman. Annie
@jormins (1225)
I saw a highlight of that today. That was so funny with her mom sitting right next to her supporting the Party and then Jenna leaving it wide open. I like what she said though, everyone should get to know the issues. Another headline missed by the liberal biased media: Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee got 27% of the vote. I'm not sure if Paul has dropped out but I know Huckabee did and endorsed McCain. Surely that can't be a good sign for the presumptive nominee.
@anniepa (26069)
Yes, I noticed that too. In my area they got a little bit more even, at least in some of our local counties. As for Jenna's comments I think that no matter what she says from here on in the very thought that she didn't instantly say she was for McCain says a great deal. Annie
@raydene (9875)
Hi Hon I think from seeing Jenna Bush on other shows that she is a smart open-minded young lady. I don't think she was saying she would vote that way just that she is open to all... xoxoxoxoxo
@lisan23 (444)
I read about this too. I don't know if it will really make a difference because I don't really think she plays a key role right now. BUT if she were to straight up come out and say that she was supporting a democratic candidate then I think that it could change the election. (I think she'd easily influence those who are sitting on the fence who are 18-25 if she were to back a democratic nominee.)
@skinnychick (6937)
I never pay attention to the first daughters. I don't think they really have any clue. I think most of America would agree with me. I actually tune out the Bush girls and Chelsea too. I don't think it's a bad sign for Mccain at all.
@anniepa (26069)
I don't think it's a matter of "paying attention" to the first daughters but just kind of like a "sign of the times"; you must admit, if Jenna were anything like her mother she'd be a good little Stepford Daughter and gush about how wonderful McCain is but the fact that she even said she hasn't decided means something. I have no doubt the Bushies are all trying at this very moment to arrange another interview for Jenna where she'll say that, of course she's voting for McCain and that she didn't understand the question or something like that...lol Annie
LOL- that is the reason she is precisely on my "pay no mind" list. :)
@bobmnu (8160)
I did not see the interview but I would assume that she is saying it is non of your business who I support or will vote for. Some times the family of political families have their way of telling reporters to keep out of my business. I even saw one wife say that she voted for the other guy because she had such confidence in her husband that she did not want the other fellow to feel bad because he did not get a vote.
@anniepa (26069)
Here's a transcript from the interview: http://www.examiner.com/blogs-73-Yeas_and_Nays~y2008m4d24-Jenna-Bush-I-may-not-support-McCain I sure didn't take "None of your business" from what she said although you may have given the pundits an idea of how to spin this. She may end up being like Patti Davis and Ron Reagan, who knows? Annie
@dloveli (4369)
I dont know about that. I think with the United States being in the situation we are with the war and the economy, cant take much more. With all the mud slinging between Obama and Clinton, they may just look at McCain as the light at the end of the tunnel. The catfighting has taken on a life of its own. The issues have been pushed to the rear. I dont think any opinion that anyone in the Bush family portrays really matters. G W Bush has made a fool of himself( in my opinion). THis is funny because I dont really even care about politics. My reasoning for my response is because I have a 13 yr old who is someday going to have to make political decisions. When I was watching the news, she said that Obama and Clinton reminded her of friends arguing at school. That amazed me. If a young teen can see that there is no place in the political arena for such antics, how come the politicians cant? I think that right now we are not in the position to give the first woman or first african american in the white house its proper credit(if you will). I think America will choose what is familiar and comfortable to them. Thanks dl
@irisheyes (4375)
I don't think it makes much difference one way or another. David Eisenhower's endorsement for John Kerry was interesting too but it didn't get Kerry to the White House.