Ready made fruit yoghourts or make your own?

Ready made fruit yoghourts - Ready made fruit yoghourts in a pot from a huge range of manufacturers
Personally I find the ready made fruit yoghourts are too sweet and if you read the contents on the pot it looks like a chemistry set! I prefer a nice plain yoghourt, preferably Greek, which has a nice hint of bitter/sour, just enough to offset the sweetness of natural fruit. I would rather add my own fresh fruit and maybe seeds/nuts for flavour and goodness. I know the ready made pots are convenient but which do you prefer?
I like plain yoghurts and prefer home made ones which i prepare myself by keeping a spoon of the yoghurt which already has the culture and add it to the boiled luke warm milk and keep it overnite and my yoghurt is ready. i like it sweet sometimes and sometimes wit a pinch of salt and roasted cumin seeds.
@gemini_rose (16194)
I always just buy the ready made if I am buying yoghurts it is much easier for me. I just buy yoghurts if they are on special offer, other than that I do not bother as with having 6 of us in the house it means buying an awful lot of yoghurts!! I may try doing my own one day, but I just do not think that my kids will like it, they can be a bit fussy with things like that.
I'm with you, I like plain yogurt. They sell a good store brand at this one store that I go to just for that. I actually don't add hardly anything to my yogurt because adding fruit to it sometimes gives me a headache. Sometimes, I will add some stevia to it. I also don't mind Vanilla yogurt, too. I would actually like to learn how to make my own plain yogurt at home.
I prefer the plain yogurts myself. Means I can add what I like to it like honey or fruit, or just eat it plain. The preflavoured ones are great too, convenience wise, but it is more satisfying to know exactly what you are adding to it.
@lilybug (21148)
I buy the already sweetened yogurt with the fruit already added mostly. It is convenient and the stuff I buy does not have very many ingredients. Nothing like a chemistry set. I do buy the plain yogurt sometimes as well and add my out fruit.
Yogurt Brands - Dannon Yogurt is one of the best on the market.
I've had homemade yogurt, and really didn't care for it. I don't like the sour. I buy the fat free/sugar free kind with fruit. It is naturally made. It also isn't as sweet as some of the others on the market. I like adding Cheerio's cereal in my yogurt (a trick my daughter told me about) to add more fiber to it. I didn't know that there was a "Greek" yogurt. This is a good topic.