Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

@jer31558 (3683)
What is your favorite Horror story, be it book or movie? Which one scared you the most? My favorite would have to be a classic like the mummy, dracula, or the wolf man. As to which one scared me the most, that would be a movie called "beyond the door". I was a small child and my big brother snuck me into the drive in. I spent most of the time hiding in the back floorboard. I think I may have disowned him after that..lol
@meglovesb (348)
When I was little I had a terrible fear of clowns. I think it may be because my MOm let me watch Steven Kings "IT". Well at least they told me she let me watch. Makes sense. lol
@jer31558 (3683)
yes you did didnt you, I had forgotten about that....now where did I put that costume.
@jer31558 (3683)
You never can tell, I am keeping the clown costume just in case.
@chiyosan (29383)
i got really afraid with the movies, omen, the exorcist, the eye, and shutter... i think the best is shutter and the eye... it has kept me awake and kept me imagining things. hehe
@jer31558 (3683)
The omen and exorcist I have seen, the other two I havent heard of. I gave up those kind of movies some years ago, but if i didn't I would have to have a night job because I wouldn't be able to sleep in the dark.
@rhane7315 (5673)
my favorite horror movies were mostly korean, japanese, chinese horror movies. those movies were the eye, the shutter, one missed call, the teacher, ring, etc
@jer31558 (3683)
I dont believe I have heard of any of those, but thats not surprising as I dont watch horror movies anymore.
anything with zombies
@jer31558 (3683)
I can understand that, thanks for responding.
The scarist horror books I have read are the James Herbert trilogy Rats, Lair and Domain. I am not particularly fond of rats anyway, but the idea of their numbers increasing due to genetic mutation and then craving humans as food was enough to cause serious worry :) The Excorcist was a scary movie for it's time, but I watched it again recently and it didn't have the same effect. Some of the modern Zombie films are pretty graphic and I have had many troublesome nights being chased by them in my dreams. There is just something about zombies that freaks me out. I can't explain it and I don't want to haha.
@jer31558 (3683)
I can understand why you would feel that way about rats, I dont care for them myself. I havent watched any modern zombie movies, but some the older ones I have.
The scariest book I have ever read was Stephen Kings Pet Semetary. I was pregnant the first time I was reading it, and it spooked me so badly I put it down. The next time I picked it up my son was 2 and I decided to read fromt he beginning. OMG I had nightmares and sleepless night for weeks after I finished it. I kept seeing my baby in Gages place. LMAO The scariest movie by far for me was Jaws. I was a young teenager and saw it when it first came out on the big screen..... I did not go swimming that whole summer long!
@jer31558 (3683)
Well, one thing I can say, is that Stephen King is good at what he does, scare the heck out of you. The movie Jaws, as you were, I was a young lad, and it affected the way I look at saltwater swimming for the rest of my life.
@lagrooms (119)
The News is the only horror stories i watch or read!
@jer31558 (3683)
That can definitely scare you.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I quit reading and/or watching horror books or movies when i was 17yrs. old after reading the book Claws.
@jer31558 (3683)
I havent watched many horror in years, and very few of the current horror shows. I'd rather spend my time laughing at comedies.
@jrsmith (293)
who wants to be scared
@jer31558 (3683)
Some people thrive on that sort of thing, I used to but not anymore.
@dopey22girl (3326)
Hmm I don't really think I have a favorite. When I was younger my mom let me watch Dracula (bad choice on her part), and afterwords I was terrified to go down to my room. I was afraid that he would be hiding under my bed!
@jer31558 (3683)
I heard the words "theres nothing under your bed" more than once when I was younger. Now its my kids Im telling that to.
I think the film that scared me the most was Hostel. I usually like horror films, but I couldn't sit through that again. It was the idea behind it, it was so horrific. The books that have scared me most are probably either The Shining (I kept having to look behind me!) or stories by H.P. Lovecraft. Goodness knows what was really going on in that man's dark mind!
@jer31558 (3683)
I dont usually watch horror anymore as now I had rather laugh than tremble..lol So, I havent seen the movie Hostel, but I did see the movie The Shining and I didnt sleep well afterwards.