How good a job did your parents do raising you?

@whywiki (6070)
I was just standing out in the beautiful sunshine pondering life. Somewhere along the line I picked up morals. I had a few rough years but came out of it unscathed. I might not have if my parents hadn't been so wonderful. I would give them a 9 out of 10. I'd give them a ten but I think all parents make a few mistakes along the way. How about you how did your parents rate?
@sedel1027 (17855)
I think my parents did an excellent job. My brother and I have good core values and excellent work ethic. We take care of our obligations.
@whywiki (6070)
Work ethic seems to be becoming a thing of the past. I think your parents did an excellent job too.
@Grandmaof2 (7603)
I find this post very interesting. Thank You. I can see by your rating and your comments that you do know how lucky you are. I am not so nearly lucky and only rate my parents at about a 4 out of 10. I have allowed 2 points for not letting me go hungry and a 2 for turning me over to grandparents at birth. I would rate my grandparents considerably higher. I am very proud of the wonderful mother I was and still am and I'm considered a very cool grandma and you know what maybe this was Gods plan for me that I may be a good person today. Therefore I Thank God and forgive my parents. Thank You.
@whywiki (6070)
Sometimes the greatest gift a parent can give is different parents. It is lucky your grandparents were so wonderful which in turn made you a good mother and grandmother. Life has a way of working out doesn't it.
My parents are the most revered one on this planet. I dont see any one comparable with my parents. My parents are the most caring parents of this world. I think the way they brought me up is wonderful. Taking guidance from them I am also trying to become a good father.
@whywiki (6070)
I think with great parents as role models you in turn will be a great father. Enjoy fatherhood.
@ElicBxn (60762)
I would also say 9 out of 10. I think they could've been more affectionate, but on the whole they did a good job. Of course, people make bad choices and my brother did that, but he's done much better after he got thru those teens and early 20's.
@whywiki (6070)
Bad choices indeed, been there, did that, and like your brother pulled out of it because of good parents.