I want this mylot feature: friend list blocker

@sedel1027 (17868)
I want to have an option that would allow me ti not accept new friend request I know new people are always joining mylot and it is nice to have more friend BUT my friends list is HUGE. I am so tired of weeding people who are inactive out,spending at least an hour to do so, then in a month having to do the same thing over again. What do you think, should we be able to turn off friend requests?
@carmelanirel (21108)
Why not just deny the request? Turning it off will eliminate the possibility of a great friend, I don't think I would use it..
@sedel1027 (17868)
As I said before, I do deny people but sometimes I don't have the energy to go through the friends request every day. So a day like today where I got 15 requests and I don't do it, then I have more than 15 to go through the next day. When the list gets too long I do end up just denying everyone because it is too cumbersome to go through. Tonight I went through my n8 pages of friends lists and it took way too much time. I got rid of all the inactive folks and cut my pages in half. Thankfully ChaCha was super busy tonight so I had something to do while going through all those people. Even though I may loose a friend or two, I would rather just not have to deal with the list sometimes.
Wow, you must be popular...I only get a friend request once every 2 weeks or so..Now I see what the problem is, too much at once..
Thanks for the BR, So are you still getting many friend requests? Must be your postings are very interesting..
@pyewacket (44031)
They actually do have both an accept and "deny" feature on friend's request...and if you notice that someone who had asked to be your friend isn't participating in your discussions you can delete them. I do sometimes wonder why people especially newbies request me as a friend then never respond to my discussions...or say they just joined and have zero points...and they remain that status for weeks, like Huh??
@sedel1027 (17868)
I know I can deny people, but i want to have a setting so people can't even try to add me.
@pyewacket (44031)
I know what you mean though...I don't have too much of a problem here about friends requests here..like I said I'll either accept or deny--the real pain in the a$$ is MySpace...I get some really weird folks wanting to add me as a friend over there
I don't weed out people so I can't relate to this. I am however going to agree since others have done this as well.
@sedel1027 (17868)
Well, I do weed out people but there are still folks that I add then have to remove. Just today I had 15 friends request. I added only one.
@icyorchid (2566)
I can relate, I don't weed them out though. At least I haven't, but I think I need to. I have about 6 pages or so of friends and I don't have that many that post. Some are 18 and 20 and I didn't realize that when I accepted friendships. Don't get me wrong, age isn't a factor, if you are interesting, I will respond to your discussions no matter what. I just know some of the inactives are teens and I have requests that I have not approved yet, because of the age. I just don't know what to do. I keep watch and some are posting, but not actively. hmmmmm what to do
@stephcjh (32385)
My friend list is huge here also but alot of them are not active anymore. I like to have alot of friend discussions to respond to. I delete alot of them because I cannot relate to them but I always have a ton more to respond to. I think we should have the option to use though.
@jennybianca (12918)
I think all we can do is to refuse more friends requests if no longer wanted. I have way to many friends, well over half would not be active. I used to go through my list & wed out the inactive ones, but I dont have time for that anymore.