Pictures Anyone?

@cjgrooms (4456)
Has the price of school pictures gotten out of control? With my older (27 & 28yrs.) children i always bought at least some of them but the price has gotten outrageous! With my younger children ( 12 & 13YRS.)I just take them to walmart or somewhere to get pic. of them and this way i can also get pic. of them togeather and still pay less.
@sedel1027 (17854)
I remember my mom complaining about the cost of pictures. We rarely buy school pictures of my son. I will fork out money for the yearbook, sometimes the school group picture, but not the individuals ones. This year I did buy a small package for $15 because my son took an awesome pic for a change. Even though we didn't get some of the larger sized pictures, I did get enough to hand out to my family. Even though WM would have been cheaper, what do you do with all the pictures they give you?
@cjgrooms (4456)
I usually only by enough 5x10 for me and the grandparents then a sheet of wallet sized for their neice and nephews and sisters.
@sedel1027 (17854)
The last time we used Walmart the only package they had for the $5 price had something like 40 pictures in it. The package I got from the school was 2 3X5, 6 wallets, and 8 of a slightly smaller than a wallet size. That was $15
@cjgrooms (4456)
Walmart gets my vote!
they are out of control. they do cost too much. but my son is in pre-k and yes i have bought both sets of pics that he has taken this year.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I did buy my sons pictures the first couple of years of school But the price just goes up every year.
prob after the 1st grade i will stop buying them, and just go to walmart. and i will be the same way after cade goes to school
How much are they now? Goodness when I was getting school pictures I think it was 20 dollars a head and that was sufficient but I can only imagine and will do exactly as you suggested when my kids get to school. Still, its unnecessary when the technology has changed so much anybody can give good pics, i agree.
@cjgrooms (4456)
The package is 42.00. I love my children but i don't want to fork out that much money and then try to teach them about responsible money management.
Yes, regular picture $45.00 8th grade pix, my son's junior prom $110.00 yes, just for pix, rented tux $75.00, shoes rented $15.00 Tickets for prom $65.00 each person he bought his girl friend one. You think pictures are bad guess again.. Year book prepay $60.00, if you wait $110.00 last minute, Both middle and high school My daughter a cheer leader 7th and 8th grade, $750.00 a year... $250.00 just for out fit. I hear next year high school is $2,500 ouch!
@cjgrooms (4456)
I'm glad i live in the sticks,the cost of things in school is bad but not that bad!
@buldwgz (1483)
Oh yes, Cjrooms, they are WAAAAY out of control. My daughter will be a senior next year and her pictures are gonna cost us about 600 bucks! That is absurd!!!!
@cjgrooms (4456)
I dread when our two graduate in 5 and 6 years. All i can say is they had best get a part time job!
And at our school, the pics never turn out to be that good anyway :(
@cjgrooms (4456)
I am glad they do, because then i'm not tempted to by them.
@penny64 (1106)
I just forked out $45 for preschool photos for one child! It really is just too much, but I feel kind of pressured to do it. Unless I pay, I can't get a copy of the group shot, which is the one I really want for my daughter when she is older. Last year I didn't like the individual photo they chose for me, and really liked a different one. I had to fork out a further $20 for a cd with the photo on it. Extortion!
@cjgrooms (4456)
It has gotten completely out of hand.
@penny64 (1106)
It's funny, because I would have thought that photography of that sort would be quite competitive. Call me suspicious, but do you think it possible that the school/preschool might be getting some kind of kick back?
@nutanjain (898)
well even in my country ever singel thing that used to be cheapier in earler times has now gone to costly and are on fire do not know waht will happpen when we will have to marry our children may be we would have to get them to some mall or cafe to marry do not know at thet timee waht will prices be of wedding gifts and wedding materials and other necessary things please pm me
@cjgrooms (4456)
Well, it is the same here in the U.S.A. Everything has gotten out of hand and will stay that way until we put people in office that has a little bit of money intelligents.
@halynn (1809)
school pic prices have gotten ridiculous. My son's pics were like 43 dollars i thikn & i rec'd very little pics n the pkg.
@cjgrooms (4456)
That is why i refuse to buy them, i just take the kids somewhere and have their pictures made.
@SusanLee (1920)
They take pictures what now, two or three times during the school year? You use to have one shot a year and that was it. I think the whole thing has turned into exploitation to be honest with you. They exploit the parents. Now they want the kids to buy graduation rings when they go from the 6th to the 7th. I put the skids on that real quick, I told mine IF he got a ring it would be when he graduated the 12th grade.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Our school has pictures 3 times a year, i think. And i'm with you if my boys get a high school ring its going to be because i know they earned it not that they might earn it in 5 years!
@lagrooms (119)
Everything about school has gotten out of hand.
@cjgrooms (4456)
Yes it most certainly has.
@jer31558 (3683)
Yes, they do seem to be going up. I guess part of the reason is that with the technology now a days, some people may just get a couple and scan them on their computer and make their own. I guess its kinda like email. After email came out, stamp prices have been going up though not by much, but they have every year or two.
@cjgrooms (4456)
could be.
@tmsmith (85)
I am her 28 year old daughter and i agree i have a 7 and 8 yearold and i am not paying 42 dollars when i can get more prints than the school offers for less at Sears or Wal-mart they are not lined in gold.
@cjgrooms (4456)
You were taught well.
@shymurl (2768)
I totally agree. The price of pictures at school is way to much. I do like you and take them to walmart. The price of a lot of things in school is going up. Its unbelievable.
@cjgrooms (4456)
I completely agree! I remember that if you went on field trips as chaparon they appreciatied it. The last time my son brought home asking for chaparones the chaparone had to pay 10.00 for the privilage and provide their own transportation!