What would you consider to be Charlton Heston's best movie?

Thinking about the late, great Charlton Heston, he appeared in a lot of great films. I'm an SF fan myself, so I tend to watch his futuristic films (Planet of the Apes, Soylent Green and The Omega Man) most often, but he also appeared in a lot of other classic movies, such as El Cid, Ben Hur, Earthquake etc. Whatever film he was in, he always seemed to dominate the scene, and he also had some great death scenes (El Cid, Omega Man, Beneath the Planet of the Apes). I honestly can't settle on a favourite Charlton Heston film - it depends on the mood I'm in when I'm watching it, I suppose. Which one's your favourite?
@xboxboy (5588)
i think i would go for the shock surprise of seeing him in 'waynes world 2' nice to see him self mocking.
I'd forgotten he was in that. Did you ever see him in "Almost an Angel"? He had a good cameo part in that, as God.
@gewcew23 (8012)
I would have to say Ben Hur. I love that he actually drove the chariot. Heston asked to be taught how to drive one, and they taught him. Charlston Heston was one of those actors that was bigger than the flim itself. Masculinity came pouring out of him. Now all we have are these feminine actors.
Ben Hur! Classic! I didn't know Heston did the chariot scene himself. On a related note, in the art gallery in the middle of Manchester, there's a large, very dramatic painting of a chariot race (I can't remember the name of the artist). It was painted a few years before the original novel "Ben Hur" was published, and some think that it inspired the author.
The best ever Charleston Heston movie I have ever enjoyed is MIDWAY. It was about a young lieutenant, the son of the captain, the main character, falls in love with a Japanese woman. It was mostly about breaking a Japanese code and knowing their plan of attacking Midway. This movie is technicolor. You can search for movies like this at www.moviesunlimited.com.
I saw Midway a couple of years ago. Not a bad film.
I'm currently watching "Omega Man" as I write this, I'm not familiar with him apart from his name. I know he was in Planet of the Apes, which I enjoyed and I preferred his over the remake. Omega Man I'm trying to establish what happen to cause the defects, I haven't quite got that far but I enjoy watching older movies. Seems pretty good.