Is there something to be gained by discussions that are copied and pasted?

I am seeing an increasing number of discussions being posted by members that are obviously just copying from one site and pasting to discussions in mylot. I have to wonder if that is a benefit to them or not. I have seen one member do that as many as, what seems to be, 30 times in one day. Not that I counted, its just a rough guess, but judging from my email notifications, I'm probably pretty close. Personally, I tend to delete those discussions for the most part and move on to something where the person is asking something from personal experience, but then again, thats just me. I wonder how many of these types of discussions receive responses. Just wondering what other people's opinions are on this subject.
@goergineo (1498)
• Jordan
These discussions receive not more than five responses. here is the the content of the response: yes, that is right, I like it. Most of these who respond needs to reach 500 posts. few seconds after the discussion has been posted, the response if there. I can not Imagine at what a speed in the world could the participant read the discussion so that he responded. the painful part is those who do it receive the highest earnings.
You answered my question as to whether or not they receive the number of responses that they are trying to illicit. Its sad that their response is so generic. How is it that they receive such high earnings, because of the length of the discussion posted?
• United Arab Emirates
I think so.
@goergineo (1498)
• Jordan
Yes Its the length of their discussions thanks kilan
@ElicBxn (59951)
I have been known to find an interesting artical and post it here, but I generally express an opinion about it and ask for yours (generally not specifically you.) I do find people that post links that I might check, even if I don't respond to the conversation.
I find the copy and paste a nice thing to be able to use. I also have used this feature in the past, however, I am not talking about the average person doing it once in awhile. I mean someone that does it in every discussion that they post. I just wondered if it ends up being beneficial to them or not. I understand where some of the links might be helpful.
@ElicBxn (59951)
If you feel that they are abusing the system to make money, report them. I've seen posts taken down for that reason.
I don't think I would want to report anyone for it. Thats really not my style, but at the same time, I don't get much from those discussions. Others might.
@minnie_98214 (10574)
Well I say to each there own. I do see alot of these and well sometimes I like to read them but I dont usually respond to them as there is not much you can say about it really. I also like to stick to more personal type discussions.
Thanks Minnie. I can see where from time to time they may prove to be interesting, but on a consistent basis I don't find them alluring at all.
Yeah it can get rather annoying when someone posts 30 in like 30 minutes time. You just know its all copy and paste.
@34momma (13918)
i would cute and paste only if i see an article or something that i would like to share. maybe a joke that someone sent me that i know every one will enjoy. but for the most part i write up my own post. granted that are not always mind shattering but hey, they are mine
Once in awhile is ok, but every single discussion that they post? It doesn't seem right somehow. Perhaps there are those that like those kind of discussions though.
@34momma (13918)
and those who like it will post, and those who don't won't. hey whatever works. who am i to judge. everything isn't for everyone.
@katsmeow1213 (28715)
Mylot doesn't allow new users to paste into the discussion area until we have reached 500 discussions. I have tried once or twice. As the previous poster has said, if I come across something interesting I may post it here, or yesterday I posted a blurb from my blog to get feedback on it instead of directing everyone to go view my blog and hunt for the exact area to which I was referring. I don't do it just to get my numbers up though, I have good reason behind it.
You'll get there and you'll be glad when you do. Its a nice feature to be able to take advantage of. You have hit the nail on the head though. I think some people use it just to increase their number of posts and I just wonder if thats advantageous in the long run.
@winterose (39932)
You should report that person, he or she is just trying to milk the system, get as much money as possible and is not really hear for a discussion.
I really don't like to report anyone, it will take care of itself eventually. I'm not even sure if its outside of the guidelines or not.
@winterose (39932)
It is a violation of copyright all over mylot has to adhere to those rules too, copy right allows for a portion one or two paragraphs to be used with the url and always the url attached.
@Psyclown (131)
• Venezuela
I think if you don't like it just don't read it.
Well thank you. I guess to each his own. Some people benefit from it, others don't.
@KrauseHome (32390)
Well, unless I feel it is of importance to share here, I always prefer sharing things about my own life, or experiences instead of focusing on things that someone else might have posted elsewhere. But at the same time, there are certain topics of interests some share on here I feel are good to talk about, so for me, it depends on the subject at hand if I feel I would copy and paste something on here as well. But this is far from the only site where people do this. Some just feel it is worth talking more about is all.
I agree. It does depend on the subject matter. Some news articles I see are very informative and something I may not have known about otherwise, but there seem to be an increasing number of discussions that don't fit that criteria.
@subha12 (18463)
i think you are absolutely right. in my friendlist there is some users who just copy from news articles in yahoo and all and paste there. he creats about 15-20 discussions a day by this. i really do not like this.
It would appear that we have some of the same friends. LOL.
It is a nice feature. But if people do it all the time, then I think its taking advantage of mylott. And I dont blame you for ignoring those lol.
I just never understood how someone who benefit from posting something from another site, but apparently they do as attested to by some of the responses here. However, I will not answer to most of them.
@stephcjh (32385)
I see alot of discussions also that are copied and pasted. some of them are very long and I do not have the time to actually read through those. I wander if people earn good money for those. I really don't see how because it is not their work or activity really.
I don't see how either, but according to this post they do make pretty good money off of those kind of discussions. Go figure.
@mrpippo (756)
I personally don't think so,i tend to delete them also ,and by the way i think i know who you r talking about and i agree with you about the pasting
If indeed we are talking about the same person, isn't your notifications inundated with the same thing over and over and over and over?
kbourgerie I am so torn between being faithful to my friends and bypassing so many of these pasted discussions. I do respond to some and bypass others as I like to see some work put into the discussion by the author herself or himself and it is best if its from personal experience rather than just copied from a newsitem.
I want to be faithful to my friends also Hatley. And there are some of my friends that do copy and paste quite a few news articles, at least those are interesting. What I have seen is alot more copy and pasting of other topics. Even that I don't mind, but come on 30 times in a day?
@gemini_rose (16194)
I recently had someone that was doing this, copying and pasting but then also just posting jokes, these were all things that I could not really say anything too! Plus I was getting loads of them taking over my inbox!! I also ended up just deleting them without even looking at them because it was just a waste of my time.
@mummymo (23709)
Hmmm good question sweetheart! i guess for me it depends on if it is a news clip and/or an interesting story or point that is being made. I don't like when people copy an article and just say what do you think but when they are making an interesting point and putting in a bit of effort that is a different story! I guess it just depends on your own preferences! xxx
@hcpoirot (1562)
No wonder i only got max 40 post in one day with many long hours in computer. Meanwhile I read some people could do 20-30 post in one hour. Anyway, if I saw the same discusion that i already response, I will ignore it and find other one.
@naseefu (1607)
There is so many mylotters are copying and pasting their discussion.I think they will get the earning for this also.They are sharing some information with us.We can see that they also getting more responses for this type of discussions.Thanks
I like some of the information that they share with us, I wouldn't know about it otherwise.
@madlees (1381)
I have done it, KB, that is copy pasting , whenever some information is asked. If I cannot give all the info by myself and if I can find them on the net, I do give, I copy paste the answer and give the link too for them to continue if they are interested. All the other discussions I like to keep personal. All my answers will be different and are impromptu. I just write what I feel like. That's all. I do not prepare anything and then copy paste. Only when the discussion warranties it I do copy paste. Otherwise there is no need to do that, simply for the sake of doing. I think I am earning more when I do it that way. I am not sure of the mylot algorithms.
I agree that sometimes copying and pasting is warranted as it applies to a discussion. I don't agree when its done in every single discussion a person posts.
Yeah, I have to admit, I don't really like those kind of discussions. Most of them I've already heard about or read about on news sites. It doesn't take much originality to start those kind of discussions, but it is easy money for that poster. There are a couple people who do just about every discussion like that, and it makes me more inclined to delete the e-mail. It's not much to respond to, and it lacks originality. Of course some people post them only occasionally, and they have a good reason or point for doing it. Getting discussions like that from them seems more genuine.
@ESKARENA1 (18304)
copy and paisting gets you banned from the site, you can report those you catch doing it blessed be