Spamming On Associated Content

@freak369 (4929)
I got the weirded internal email at AC: I think you'd make an excellent addition to (name removed).com. They pay you to write tutorials, and split 50% of the ad revenue. They don't make a penny more than you do. Why should you join them, you ask? I've been a member there for a few months, and have made more money with them than any other paid-to-write website. Their support is lightning fast, and very helpful. After you post your first tutorial, they teach you how to promote it and get more traffic to it (which results in more ad revenue for you). I hope you found this information helpful, and would appreciate it if you would sign up under my affiliate link: (name removed) Thanks for reading and hope to see your tutorials on (name removed).com! The email was from a member but they just joined the site, has posted no write ups and have no subscribers etc. Should I report this to AC? Is spamming / contacting members like that even allowed?
Now I'm going to have to go check my AC mail to see if I got spammed too! :) I'm fairly sure it's against the rules to spam like that, though, so if they haven't already been deleted, you should report them.
@freak369 (4929)
His account now has SPAMMER in the middle of his name. It's nice to see that they act so fast about things like that!
many sites disapprove of alternate site promoting like that.that person will probably end up banned anyway. it sounds like they're referal collecting if they have no posts.
@freak369 (4929)
Yeah but the simple fact that a couple people mentioned this means that this person had to have been sending out hundreds of these messages. I know that with Yahoo Mail you can only send a limited number of emails per day and that number incenses over time. I wonder if AC might want to put something like that in effect.
@Pigglies (9339)
I got that too. I even tried to reply to the person just to see if it was a person or a set up program or something. No response, and I was being nice too, so no reason not to respond. I don't think that should be allowed, but I guess it would be hard to control as I'm sure they don't have time to read all of our messages.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
I would just delete it and move on, from time to time you indeed get spam e-mails from people...I've had several different types. I write an article about it on AC once and AC refused to let me publish it and removed it from the site...they don't like it being out there that people are sending spam I guess....
@ladym33 (11008)
I got that exact same one as well. I think AC already knows because that particular message has disapeared from my account.
@thorgrym (677)
It is really too bad that something that could be good is ruined by spammers before it gets a chance. I would definitely report this message as spam. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with it if the invitation in question was genuine, but this situation is most definitely not genuine.
I got the same email and I'm not even active on AC. I didn't sign up for the site they sent though. I just thought it was weird getting a message on there from someone. And the message itself was weird concidering I'm not active on AC, so how would they know if I would be good for that site.