A book about your life.

I watched this movie today that got me thinking writing a book life. My question is, if you wrote a book about you own life, what would your thesis statement be?
@paid2write (5202)
It would have to be what I have learned from life; that is is good to be different. I know it now, but when I was a child it hurt me when I was not accepted by other children. As a teenager I wanted to popular with my contemporaries, so I tried to act and behave in the same way. When I got my first job, I did not fit in easily and was not happy. Now I know that being individual is more important than trying to conform. I changed my life. I found a career doing something I was knowledgeable about. I no longer try to put on an act to appear to be one of the crowd. If people don't like me now it does not bother me. Life is not a popularity contest. I am happy just to be who I am.
That is a great attitude!
@pangeacat (619)
That's a good question. One I'm not entirely sure how to answer. I hope that I'm not even half way done with my life yet, but if I were to write it now, I'd have to go with something along the lines of; Be yourself, embrace who you are, learn from my mistake, spontaneity is great but sometimes it's better to think things through a bit more... I might come up with something different for my thesis statement, but all the above elements would be included, definitely. I'd write about what I've learned, what I've lost and why, what I've gained and how. I would want it to be something my children could look on and know me better, and something a stranger could examine and take something, anything useful, away from. I wouldn't write the book unless I could put something in it that I felt could touch, inspire, help, or relate to at least one life. And, I'm sure I could, if I could just write it down well enough.
I agree with you there, ive seen alot, wittnessed alot. Just wish i could put my thoughts on paper, to make a book
@rhettaa (214)
My thesis statement would be "It's only temporary." That is the theme of my life, good and bad.
@isaiah12 (418)
I have written two books "Defend God's Word" and "Gifts From God". I am in the process of writing my third book. In a way it is about my life. I think the title will be "My Journey As A Writer". I start out with a brief history of how my parents met and their wedding. Then I work into my family tree. After that I talk about my life. And throughout the stages of my life I give samples of my writing. I think if I had to have a thesis statement it would be....Keeping your eyes on your dreams even in the hard times. Don't ever forget your dreams. They can keep you going. And you never know. You might be able to make them come true even in the worst of times. My biggest dream was always to have a book published. A few years back I fell off a ladder at work and hurt my ankle. I was out of work for a while. But I used that time to put the finishing touches on my first book and get it published. Being a single mother and working full time, sometimes I felt like I didn't have time to breathe, let alone work on making my dream come true. But having a dream gave me something to work for.
@sisterjinx (1136)
Honestly I'm not even sure how to word a "thesis statement" but I know what it would be about. Survival. I guess it would be something like "Learn, grow, change, survive, and live". With all of the tragedies and difficulties we have faced in our lives we have continued to move forward. (we being my husband and I) My life as a child had it's difficulties as well but mostly it was a real childhood unlike so many kids today. But from the time I was 16 it was one adventure or difficuly after another. Yet with all of these things I have held onto my spiritual beliefs and my friendly attitude. With all of these things we have endured, we are still moving forward, learning, growing and living life. That would be the subject of my book, (actually I am working on one now).