A lesson to share....

Life is full of surprises, they say, and you just can't predict things ahead. You have ambitions and big dreams and you're just as willing to do anything to reach them. But most of the time, life just doesn't work that way - the next thing you'd know you're on a totally different world...totally different from your dreams. Then you'd be recollecting about what went wrong along the way...and you'd realize life itself is an adventure and ambitions are only motivations that would inspire you to keep going...and it goes on and on...until you expire. There are lessons learned along the way...lessons that would inspire others... Would you like to share them?
@jillhill (37383)
I am at my mid life. Lessons I would like to share? Well..never, ever, ever give up on your dreams. I have all my life wanted to be a poet and author and in the last 7 years that has happened. But it hasn't been easy. When you strive to reach your dreams it won't be easy. People don't like change and when you are in the process of working toward your goals, even the ones you love might be the ones that make your journey a tougher one! Just stay focused on your path and don't worry about what others are saying or doing.....you can't control them. Just head for your dreams.
@dragon54u (31615)
Well, I just turned 54 and my life turned out so much differently than I'd planned. The most important lesson I learned is that if you're not happy living by yourself, you're not going to be happy with anyone else. Nobody "completes" you. If you need someone to make you feel whole, you're not ready for a relationship. You cannot change a person. Don't even try. They'll change when they're ready, if they're ready, and for no other reason than that they want to change. They won't change if you leave them, they won't change if you bribe them--if you don't love them as they are, write them off and do both of you a favor. Only boring people are bored. If you are bored, you are uninteresting and you'd better do something about it because you're the only one you absolutely have to live with 24/7/365 till you die. You'd better be interesting! Children are a blessing. Treat them with love and respect and even the most hardened delinquent will gain something from knowing you. Your own children are the jewels in the crown of life and you should treat them as you would anything precious. That's my lessons. Oh, other than the fact that my mom turned out to be wiser than anyone I know--strange, because she used to be such an imbecile..