A question about Powers

So i am reminded of the old shows Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie. Here you had two women who had magical powers but their husband/love interest didn't allow them to use them. Now my question is this. If you were hooked up with someone who had magic powers and could give you anything you wanted would you let them use their powers? or if you had magic powers would you give them up for your spouse or lover?
I would not be with anyone who would stop me from being me. Those powers would be a part of my life. I could not feel whole without them. Just like these two woman who often used their powers. I would not restrict my spouse from using them either. I would hope and pray they were using them constructively. Either way I can't stop someone from being themselves.
@paid2write (5202)
Interesting question. I would want my partner to use their magical powers, as long as it was to do good and not for personal gain. But I am a woman and in those old TV shows the men did not want their women to be more powerful than they were. I seem to remember the women took no notice and used their powers anyway. If I had magical power and I was in love with a man who said he did not want me to use them, I don't think I would give them up. Maybe I would be like Samantha and Jeannie and do it behind his back, or I would just tell my man that if I can do some good, I am not going to stop using my powers.
@sisterjinx (1136)
This is a fun question. If I were with someone who had magical powers, I think I would let them use them as long as they were using them in positive ways. I don't think I would stick around long if they used them to hurt others though. I wouldn't ever want my sig other to not be who they were though. If that was a part of them, then they should express that part of themselves. If I were with someone who didn't want me to be me I'm not sure I could stay. If it was magical powers for instance and that was a part of ME then I would hope that they loved me enough to accept that and allow me to be myself. I would respect their opinions or suggestions but I don't think I could supress a part of myself for anyone. And if they loved me, I shouldn't have to.