Frequent Nosebleeds

My 8 Year Old Son And My 4 Year Old Son Have Both Had Frequent Nosebleeds Since They Were Able To Walk. Sometimes Twice A Week For Both Boys. Thier Nose Starts To Bleed And It Takes Handtowels, Sometimes 2 Or More And I Try Not To Panic Thinking That They May Not Stop But It's Really Getting To Be That I'm Having A Lot Of Panic Attacks When These Nosebleeds Start. I Have Taken Them Not Only To A Couple Of Diffrent Pediatricians But An Ear, Nose And Throat Specialist And They All Say That It's Commen For Children To Have These Kinds Of Nosebleeds. I Asked What May Be Causing Them To Be So Severe And Frequent And They Said That Most Anything Could Trigger Them Such As Allergies, Pollen, Sinuses Etc And That I Shouldn't Worry About It.. But I Can't Help It. I Am Not Grossed Out By Blood Especially When It Comes To My Kids But What Do I Do?
please go check out this website: www.hht.org frequent nosebleeds, especially among people in the same family ARE NOT NORMAL it could be a genetic disease that can have serious complications, especially in children in particular, take a look at people talking on the forum there about children and HHT
@inked4life (4227)
If it's any consolation, my son went through the exact same thing at that age and we were told the same thing. It pretty much stopped after a year, but he still gets the occassional doozie every once in a while that takes forever to stop. At it's worst, he would wake up in the morning caked in blood as his nose leaked through the night
@zpanmei (60)
hi! the problem that you said you said your sons are having, i have the same thing too. i do understand that being a parent it is worrying to see your children bleed in front of you. i started having this problem since i was about 8 yrs old. every time when there is a change in the climatic condition my nose automatically starts to bleed. my friends even called me a weather change detector due to that!! now i am almost 25 and still i am having the same problem. i have been to all kinds of doctors, and even stopped eating normal food for 3 months because of its medication.i still have the problem. i don't know whether to say not to worry or something else. i just thought i will tell you my situation. and now i feel quite normal. i am used to it now!
@luvstochat (6914)
When my daughter had frequent nose bleeds I asked the doctor about it and she said sometimes the capillaires int the nose are weak and Vitamin C would help she wrote her our a prescription for high dose vitamin C but my daughter could not handle the dose so I just use regular vitamins now. Try to get them more vitamin C.
@Cocoa33 (921)
you should consult your physician to see what he says about the nosebleeds. the doctor you saw only knows so much. U need to seek the advice of to a medical doctor at the nearest hospital. if you can't find a doctor in your area, go out of town find a doctor that can give you an accurate reason about why its happening. you ask how it can be stopped. Ask lots of questions. don't stop until they tell you what u are trying to find out. its always good to get a second opinion. i was their age. i can't recalled a day in my life of ever having nosebleeds like. i have only them when i got over heated, or if inhaled the pollen through my nose. it may have bleed when i sneezed a time or two. who ever told you that is incompetent. the everyday nose bleeds are not normal. there is something more serious going on with them. i hope things work out, have a good day
@roniroxas (10576)
my first born who is 16 now has this freguent nose bleeds. but as in my observation his nose bleeds everytime he is stressed out. try to observe what are the reasons why your sons nose bleeds then you might try to comtrol the bleeding. my sons nose bleeds if ever he spends too much time drawing and specially if he is drawing something and he is not in a good position. so now i bought him a table that he can use for drawing. not an expensive one though but the bleeding lessens. his knows bleeds to when he carries something heavy. and he alwasy picks his nose too. too much picking of nose can cause bleeding. he is allergic to dust so when he starts sneezing it will cause his nose to bleed. this are my observation then i try to find ways to control the bleeding. luckily he never had nose bleed in months already. it still bleeds but very rare. may this link also helps you http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003106.htm
@lucy02 (5017)
Sometimes I have nose bleeds when I am in a dry climate. I have heard it is common with children too. I have seen where they suggest the person lean forward now and pinch the nose instead of leaning back like they use to say to do when you had a nose bleed.
@lilaclady (28240)
You have actually answered a question I have had on my mind for awhile now, when i was a kid I had lots of blood noses, they would come on just all of a sudden, I know my parents just treated it as just something that happens and then I seemed to grow out of it..now that I am older I started getting blood noses again and when i went to the doctors it was found i had high blood pleasure at a dangerous level so much so that i was told the blood noses probably saved me from having a stroke, I often thought about when i was a kid if maybe the nose bleeds meant maybe I had high blood pressure then but as your doctor said it is quite common, and it must have been known to be quite common back when i was a kid as my mother never even took me to a doctor ....I think when I was a kid it was more the embarrassement at times.....I hopeyour sons grow out of it soon....