Do you set goals?

Ok what I am curious about is this. Do you set goals? Do you write them down? And if you set goals how do you do it? Do you set daily, weekly, monthly or yearly goals or a combination thereof? Why do you feel it is important to set goals and, if you do, write them down?
I have a daily planner where I write down everything that I want to get done in a day. I work really hard on getting it done but there are times when I am not able to get some stuff done because there are not enough hours in the day.
@jhl930 (3605)
i pretty much do set mental goals for myself like i will be sitting there thinking well im gonna get such and such done this week...i don't really write things down because knowing me i'd end up losing the paper anyways...i usually set daily goals....and i think that it is important to set goals for yourself because if you don't you may not think that it is very important to do things...like whenever i set a goal i think that its very importnat to do everything i have set as a goal...
@jillhill (37383)
Yes to an extent. I don't put a time frame on them but do set them. I heard you are supposed to draw a picture or write them down so you can visualize them and work toward the goal.