Finally a GOOD news story ...

@ebsharer (5517)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080430/ap_on_fe_st/odd_scout_returns_wallet;_ylt=AmCbQrXwUQoVF8XkarZT2f_tiBIF An 11 year old boy scout in Dorr, MI found a wallet with $800.00 in it, he gave it to an adult who turned it in to the police. The police deparment had a pizza party for him and his troop of 30 because he turned the wallet in trying to show him doing the right thing brings good things to him. The boy said he understands - he had lost his own wallet a week before it had $45 in it. No one returned his wallet. He got to meet the person who's wallet he returned too she was very thankful to him that he returned it. So I just thought I would share with you that not all news stories are bad. It really is nice to hear a good story after all the bad ones we see all the time. Isn't it!?!?!?
It is nice to hear a good a story for once!! Do you think if the boy hadnt lost his wallet the week before, weould he still have handed it in??? He only handed it in because he knew what it felt like to lose your wallet with money in it!! What is an 11 year old doing with $45 anyway?? That is just over £20 in England!!
@ebsharer (5517)
No I think he was taught to do the right thing either by his parents or the boy scouts. 11 years old and $45.00 I wouldn't allow my son to hold that much money just because I know kids loose things all the time. But it could have been his birthday recently, or maybe graduation, could have been conformation. I know my 11 year old always has money. Some times saves for some thing big so $45 could have been a lot of saving for a kid. My son get $50 a month in allowance so to me that isn't a far fetched number.
@elisa812 (3033)
That is great! You're right, it is good to finally see something positive in the news for a change. That is pretty impressive that a young kid would hand over such a large amount of money. I'm sure it would be tempting to just keep it. I'm glad to hear also that he was rewarded for his honesty. It sets a great example to the other kids, and he certainly deserved some kind of reward!
@ebsharer (5517)
I wish they would start talking about some good in the world more often. With all the negitive things going on the last 5 minutes of every news cast should be some thing good that happend in the day. Every newspaper should have a page dedicated to good news. If we started hearing more about the good maybe it would give people a reason to try harder.
@paid2write (5202)
Thank you for posting that nice news story. The boy will be very popular with his troop for the pizza party and the owner must have been so pleased to get her wallet and money back. The boy had lost $45 when he lost his own wallet and yet was not tempted to take it out of the one he found. His parents must be really proud of their son.
@ebsharer (5517)
I know I would be proud of my son or daughter!
Thank you for marking my response.
@ebsharer (5517)
your welcome!
@Bd200789 (2994)
Wow that is a great story! It is nice to read something positive for a change.
@ebsharer (5517)
thats what I said! Thanks for taking the time to read!
this is refreshing to hear some really good news. and good for the boy and the police for giving him and his troop a pizza party. nice article.
@ebsharer (5517)
I thought so too. Thanks for your comments and taking the time to read it!
@joliefille (3696)
That is good news. It brightens up my day a bit. There are still honest people in this world. I would like to congratulate him and his parents for raising such an honest boy.
@ebsharer (5517)
I know - My grand mother was part of a program that would reconize good kids on the news once a month. The kids had to do some really extraordinary things to get to be 1 of the 5 kids reconized each month. In the begining there weren't too many entires. By the end of the first year they were basically compeating against each other to win the spot. So there were a lot of good deeds in the city that year. I wish they had continued it after my grandmother went on to her next project but they only did it once after her. It was really cool that they did it. And a lot of kids got involved. Kids need more praise then they get so it was nice to see this on the news!
@saundyl (9690)
That is so awesome. Its always nice to hear a good story and hear that there are still good and trustworthy people out there. His parents must be VERY proud of him for doing the right thing. Thank you for sharing!
@ebsharer (5517)
thanks for taking the time to read it . its refreshing to see a good story every once in a while!