The feauture "copy and paste" should be deleted ......

@goergineo (1498)
Jordan
There have been complains recently about those who copy and paste to make a huge number of discussions and consequently a huge amount of earnings due to the length of their discussions regardless the content. I know there are terms here in mylot regulating the process but those people seem not to care about them and since the punishment and reward strategy is not applied here in mylot, I think that this feature should be canceled. I know this is not gonna be fair for some people who follow the rules but I think this feature should be at least substituted with another one.
@magikrose (5423)
The problem with the compy and paste feature is people are abusing it. i have found it helpfull when I need to make a comment on someones post and I want to copy a small portion of there response or discussions to others know what I am referring to. It is those who are abusing the feature that need to be booted from the website.
@goergineo (1498)
• Jordan
since they are not booted. what do you think the other solution is ?
@deeeky (3668)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
It does not matter if they break the guidelins. All that has to be done is to withdraw thier earnings until that member complies. Hitting the pocket or purse has the desired affect. Have a great time here from Deeeky.
Hey, that's not fair! Here I was, simply waiting to get to my 500th post just because I could copy and paste. And after I hit my 500th post, I have only copied and pasted confusing links, and some cool emails, and I have always acknowledged that I was copying from an email forward. It is not fair to delete the feature just because some people are misusing it. They could be given a fair warning first, and if they still misuse this feature, they could be booted out of Mylot. But it is not fair to delete the feature.
Hi Positiveminded1977! Yup, I agree with you. There are some topics here like "Post your favorite recipe" or "post your favorite songs/lyrics" or some mylotters needing information that you do have handy but it is very long.. so I use COPY AND PASTE feature. I like that feature so much!!! Also, I have my own discussion that requires me to "copy and paste". It is "meaning of your name". I do the honor in doing "Copy and paste" to new mylotters if they want to know it. So, I think it shouldn't be really deleted. Cheers!
@whiteheron (4223)
I hope that now that I finally have the right to cut and paste that someone is not going to try and take it away from me. You might hear a growl and see uncharacteristic gnashing of teeth if that happened as I worked hard to get to that 500 post mark. I could care less if the right to cut or copy and paste is abused by others... What others do does not concern me. I will earn at my own speed and I will not get worried if others post more than I do or make more than I do... Why bother doing that. It only causes frustration. I just want the ability to retain the new found right and the new found freedom for myself and to have the fun of it for a while and to use it properly as I see fit. I will refrain from abusing the system, again, why bother doing that as it attains no merit and does not feel worthwhile to me. In my case, I have found that the copy and paste feature makes it easier to respond to people who make these long posts after already making previous posts. I do a copy and paste and then have what they said right in front of me so I can properly respond to it with a long post of my own. I am looking forward to using the cut and paste with adding websites that provide background information for comments that I make. I cannot understand why you are asking for the demise of the cut and paste or the copy and paste feature. It is a welcome gift and I want to retain it and would no doubt fight for it if it were threatened and I dislike fighting at all.
@rhane7315 (5673)
well i guess it shouldn't be. just like the 1st responder said, the copy 'n paste was very much abused. but if we use it well, there shouldn't be any problem with it at all
@icyorchid (2564)
I don't see anything wrong with the copy and paste feature. I use it for links and other things. I think it is reasonable to have to wait to use it so you are actually into being a member and writing discussions. Copy and paste doesn't really boost your pay. This is out of the fAQ section: What can I do to increase my earnings? What an excellent question, and one we hope every myLot user will ask. Use myLot, post discussions, respond to discussions. Post quality content. For example, generate discussions that engage other users and provide insightful responses and comments to other users discussions to further the topic Refer friends. For each person you send to myLot you will receive a bonus equal to 25% of their discussion and image earnings. http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq6.aspx#14 This is the way to boost your earnings without the copy and paste feature.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
Copying and pasting can be a useful feature and I often make use of it. If my connection is unstable it can be annoying to write a decent response only to have it lost because the connection breaks. It is at times like that I prefer to write in Microsoft Word and then paste it into Mylot.
@sisterjinx (1136)
I haven't been here long enough to be able to copy and paste but I have to tell you that I got really frusterated the other day when I couldn't. My internet connection is not always as reliable as I would like it to be. So when I write long responses I copy them so that if things mess up I can just paste it in again. Of course here I cannot do that. The other day there was this really great homeschooling conversation that spurred quite a long response from me. (longer than usual lol) And of course after writing all of this information and hitting post my computer had an anurism and lost connection. Therefore losing my response. I had copied it (this was before I knew I couldn't paste) and went back to the discussion to re-post it. Well I can't paste. So my long, yet very well written with lots of pertinant information, post was lost in the nether world. Because even if I wanted to re-type the whole thing, which I didn't, I couldn't have remembered how I said it or what all I included. So I understand your concerns, but I don't care if people are using it to make a million a day. I am here to share and learn as well as earn and this feature would make that so much easier for me when I have moments like these.
Hi, I am no able to use the copy and paste feature on here as i have only just reached over 500 posts, but i have yet to use it at all, i think i would only use it if i were posting a URL for another person to see and that would be about it. I like to reply to all the posts personally and i dont think that copying and pasting just to earn more should be allowed at all.
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
If they are simply copy and pasting from another website then that can be illegal and they'll get banned for doing that. It is a godsend to be able to copy and paste though and I use it mainly when I'm replying to a comment as you can't see that just the initial response, so it makes it easier to reply completely to what the comment said. I don't think it should be deleted but the members who abuse the priviliege should be banned.