I am getting a new cat!

I am so excited! She is a six year old medium haired calico. She is so pretty! I haven't had a cat in a long time and I miss having one. I feel bad for the family I will be getting her from- they love her very much but have to move and can't take her with them. Have you ever had to give up a pet because of that?
@suspenseful (40316)
We had to give up our dog, Peanuts, because we were moving. We found a nice family who lived in the country, so she could have lots of fun running around and chasing rabbits. We then went to Saskatoon and got our dog Jessie. She moved with us, and had been with us over twenty year. We had to put her down because she got very sick and started to have convulsions, some years ago. She was over twenty year, in human terms. We really missed her, but decided not to get any other pets. Besides with that wild rabbit, Bugs, in our back yard, and that feral cat that comes over, plus those sparrows who think they own the place, who needs to go to get a pet?
@icyorchid (2564)
Yes I had to give up my 2 cats 15 years ago. I still miss them Hubby said when we move we can get a puppy, I think I am going to see about a kitten also I do think to make up for all the crap I've been through, I'll be able to get one of those cute little kitties too.
@tjades (3592)
• Jamaica
No I have never had to give up a pet because we were moving. Thankfully we were able to take all our pets with us. But I sure know how it feels to have to give up one that we love dearly because we now had too many of them. Hope all goes well with her and your dog.(lol)
@Ldyjarhead (10157)
I loved the pictures you showed earlier. She is a very pretty girl! What was her name again? I thought I saw it posted in the picture gallery but I can't remember. I've had to leave pets behind and yes, it was very hard. You know when I left MN I was leaving one of the dogs with 'him', two cats and most of the horses. I took my Bucksin and Rose (my GSD) with me to NC, but ended up having to give up Buck too. It was like the end of an era, very sad. We lost Rose too last Aug, and had to give up Tom's dog as well. It's been hard since, as we can't have pets here, although the two kittens snuck into our lives unexpectedly. One has since disappeared, but Shirley is still around and more spoiled than any creature I've known.
@scribe1 (1207)
Thank God, no. I was in a similar situation when my sister's friend had to give up Mimi because his little boy was allergic to cats. That friend owned Mimi for five years. Mimi is also a calico cat, though not a very friendly one. I think that is so because she is so used to being the only cat in a household, but I lover her anyway.
@wiser2 (237)
Good for you.I had a calico and she was just so nice and she would eat what ever i had,sleep with me and sat with me all the time.I lost her a few yrs ago she had cancer.I was so sad i only had her fo 6 yrs and i got her at 7 weeks.So now i have 2 cats and a dog.Injoy your new cat.
hi again above, i wanted to tell you how good it makes me feel you are saving this cat and not going to the store and buying a little kitty. it is people like you who make this world a better place. she will be loved!