Please tell me where and how much your internet is

I want to lower my bills. The only way to do this. Is to find a internet service cheaper than time warner. Also I don't want dial up and I will be cutting off the house phone. Thanks so much
@winterose (39932)
hon mine wouldn't help you, I am hooked up with cable the fast internet available, and I have cable and internet on it and it is very expensive. It is also local for the province of Quebec.
I am going to have to make something work for me. Thank you..
@sedel1027 (17868)
We get our cable through the cable company. It is cheaper than the phone company and more reliable. You could get DSL, but you need to keep your phone on for that. Have you called the cable company to find out what the options are for service package? We have the middle plan which is like $24. Here their is a very basic plan that is like $14.
Time warner said th computer will be $44.00 a month by itself. How many bites is fast enough to run a computer? Thanks
@sedel1027 (17868)
I went on the time warner site and they have this package available: Road Runner High Speed Online (monthly charge) Road Runner Basic Speeds up to 1.5 Mbps/256 kbps $ 29.95 That would be okay as long as you are not playing any online games that require a higher speed or downloading a ton of stuff.
@alexsis (2149)
My mom pays for my internet service. I think she pays between $20 to $30 for the high speed connection. It is through the local telephone company, Centruytel. I understand you on wanting to lower your bill. The price on just about everything has gone up. Those tax rebates are not going to help much. The majority of it will go towards bills.
The good thing is it will help lower some. Thanks
I probably can not help you here Sugar, I have Frontier high speed DSL and it costs me about 30.00 a month. But I have to have it for work. Do you have dial up? People PC is a pretty good dial up service and cheap. But dial up sucks.
@Liasonfan (1702)
I am really sorry giftsandbags. Can't help you out at all here. My internet is totally free because my hubby's company pays for our internet. This alone is so worth it to have my hubby work from home. We do however have to use Bell Sympatico because that is what they pay for. It is not dial up, however they also pay for his office phone which is also Bell Canada and I love Bell High Speed Sympatico no problems whatsoever. The only thing I will say to you is 'Be careful'. Internet service is like anything else--you get what you pay for and cheapest is not always best and can often cause unnecessary problems. Good luck!
@DonnaLawson (4032)
My Comcast is 99.00 a month plus the excess taxes, which brings it to over 125.00 a month.. That is for the High Speed Internet, cable with the upper channels and the telephone which never rings because everyone call us on the cell phone.. I would like to find a cheaper way also as I really can't afford this and buy gas for the car also.. Have a great day..
Well sweetie you've left yourself no option. Any high speed service you will get will have to be through a Satellite or phone line. I understand about Time Warner, what part of the world are you in? They are here in Cincinnati as well. The only way I would get their service is if I worked in their Call Center (reps get service free!!!) Unless you get a wifi card from Sprint or Verizon that is its own hotspot, you won't be able to get any service.
Oh boy I am going to have to pay $44.00 just to have internet service. Bonkers..
I live in NY.
They're regional then. I know you are tired of their prices up there though. If they're taxing the shnikes out of us, I know they have to be hitting you hard there.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
I'm paying $65 I believe for cable TV and internet. I specifically asked if they had any good package deals going on when I signed up when moving here. I think it's a good deal and don't think I'd find a better one. We even got the bronze package I think it was for that price. I mentioned in the other discussion about the landline phone.
we have dsl and phone on the same company which I thinkis ATnT but I know my son has a package deal and it is cheaper even here in high priced southern california. we have to have a phoneas we do not havecellphones. and I am 81 so need tohave aphone just in case of a mishap.
i have sprint and it is all in one so you know my bill is high it is like $100and something one month and $200some thing the next month see i use my mints that is why it is high and some time ppl dnt know what they are doing and how long you be on line if you want the bill to be low dnt be on line ever day
@KKKBsmom (1094)
I to would like to do this... I just don't have any idea how.... I have put a new thing on my phone and give out tha number now... just to kinda help! I sure hope it does! If you want more info let me know.
@ebsharer (5519)
I have a package with Comcast. It is 99 dollars a month. That includes cable, high speed internet, and phone (with unlimited long distance). I looked into the different carriers and this was the best deal by far. Mostly because of the long distance. My family lives in FL and I'm in PA so I call them often.