Do ever half to rust to bank to make a deposit so you check don't bouce?

@marciascott (25555)
Well, I don't do it to often but I had to do it today. You know they charge $32.00 if it does bounce i can't afford that. anyway I always make sure that I cover it. Thank God for the ATM Machine. Ok, I know you have done it before.
@scribe1 (1207)
About a year ago, I was really low on money and could hardly wait for my paycheck to arrive in the mail. I had already sent my mortgage and estimated tax payments, knowing full well that I didn't have all of that money in my checking account. My angels were with me on pay day, as the mailman arrived early enough to deposit my check in my mail box. I quickly took it out, signed it and rushed to the train to go to the bank. Once I had cashed the check and deposited some money in my savings account, I rushed back home to the other bank to deposit the needed funds to cover those expenses. And yes, in the end, I was fine. No checks bounced, thank goodness!!!
@marciascott (25555)
Yes I know it happen good thing you took care of it. I know we shouldn't do this but sometimes we half to to this. I don't care if noone agree sometimes we half to do this. as long as wqe don't ge tcharge it is find. I don't practice it though.
@lilybug (21148)
Yeah, I have done it before. Most recently it was a dumb mistake that caused me to do it. I was getting gas at the gas station and I pulled out the wrong card. I realized it a few seconds too late. The bank was already closed, so the next day I had to rush to the bank and deposit some money before the transaction bounced.
@marciascott (25555)
Well, thank God for the ATM. I know we shouldn't do this but sometimes we have no choice right? we don't want to get charge $32.00 or more.
Yep- just yesterday actually.
@JoyfulOne (6242)
I've had to do that before a few different times over the years, and knock on wood, I've never had one bounce. My bank account is a free account, and you're allowed 2 check bounces without having to pay, and they will front the money till your deposit clears. (Pretty good deal!) I've never had to use it, but it's nice to know it's there just in case something should go wrong. I don't have an ATM card. I've never wanted one of those, too easy to take $$$ out.
@marciascott (25555)
Yes, that is why it is good to have Oversraft protection, I don't have it but I need to get it real soon. How are you doing? good tosee you here! One of my favorite friends.
@winterose (39922)
here the checks pass the same day as they are dated for so it is already too late, the money has to be in the day before. Also the charge of an nsf depends on the bank as well. But no, I never date a cheque before I have the money. My disability comes on the first so it goes to direct deposit and my landlord can then cash the check the same day. But personal deposits take a day to verify not direct deposits.
We don't have a checking account, so no probs with that for us. Using just a savings account has some advantages, but I'd like to get a credit card at some point! Really sick of paying for bank fees all the time, and think that having a credit card would make life easier. Money comes in, goes into a target savings account where it earns higher interest. meanwhile, use the credit card for our needs and then pay the bill at the end of the month. I think cheques are becoming mostly redundant now any way. Not many places here accept them.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I am in the middle of a situation like that right now. I am three dollars short on my rent check, but I do not know when it will be cashed. I am hoping to be able to wait until Monday, but I may go to an ATM tomorrow.
@terri0824 (4991)
I have checked my account balance, but I keep a check on it on-line. I have bounced a check or two and the fee is outrageous. The last time I did it was just last month and it was $31. I always hate when that happens.
@littleowl (7157)
Himarcia'-yes I do i hate having charges, the banks have enoughmoney of their own rather than taking money out of our money for their own benefit-but like yourself I sometimes have to run and get some into my account to stop the charge which is £25 to £34-blessings littleowl
@Dasari100 (3803)
• Anantapur, India
So today i know some valuable information from you because i know Indian law how to charge if the check is bounce and so in US they charge 32$.00 so is it for check bounce?