Doing Everything All On Your Own Or Getting Help By Others?

I am an independant person. I live alone, Pay my bills, do the food shopping, Get things I need. Alot of people ask "isn't it hard doing things all by yourself w/ no help of others like haveing a roommate?" I simply tell them "I have tried the roommate thing and it never worked out they never wanted to split it in half they always wanted to just give me like $100.00 a month and I have the rest no i wasn't going to have it" That's when I decided to just do it all on my own I basically was anyway. Living in todays world is not cheap. Do you do it alone or do you have someone that helps you ?
I am an Independent in contrast to being a Democrat or Republican. I am also happily married for almost 50 years. As for being, more or less, a hermit. No way, Jose. Surviving people are part of a pack or herd, depending upon whether they are vegetarian or not. When I found this group title, I decided to joint from a political perspective, and will pursue it as such.
That's 25 years married. I have no idea how 50 got in my comment.
@sedel1027 (17868)
I am married so I don't' go at it alone. I do know many people that do and they do okay. The only one that complains is my aunt but that is more because she hates her job and never wants to work again LOL
That's good that you have someone helping you do things so you don't have to go about it alone. I have been doing it by myself for a while now and yes it does get hard sometimes but I still maintain to do it. I feel happy in the end for I know I did it on my own w/ no help. I may like it now but someday I'm gonna want someone to help me w/ all this stuff I do by myself now. I just figure while I'm still young enough I might as well do things for myself and feel good about it. Thanks for the response and take care.
if you're single, doing it all on your own might be easy and fun. I have a husband, a daughter and I work 9 to 6. I can't possibly do everything on my own. I have help from my Mom, my brothers sometimes and I have a maid at home to do the daily house chores.
It's great that you get the help you do from your family. I don't mind doing things for my self plus working working my full time job. Can it be challenging yes it is but I do it day in and out. It's nice to know that I can depend on myself to get things done. Maybe one day I'll want to do what you do and get me a maid and have them take some of the load off me. Thanks for the response and take care.
@Cocoa33 (921)
i m an independant person, and used to doing things on my own. if there is something i don't know, or confused about something. i m open to getting help from others, so i can improve and be better.
Yes I have to agree w/ you on that. I will try to figure things out on my own but when it comes to be to much I will ask for the help of a freind and he will try to fix the problem. I know I take on to much when trying to do things myself but that's just me. Thanks for the response and take care.
I am a military wife. So doing everythign on my own is just something we have to do. I have 3 children and the hubby is either deployed,in the field,tdy, or working. I have to take care of everythign from bills,kids,housework,help them with school work, school functions,shopping etc...on top of me being a college student wife and mother. Its not a bad thing being independant. It is okay to except help once in awhile because sooner or later you will become overwhelmed if you dont have a break for yourself. But being independant is a very good thing!