Sorethroat and cough and colds...

@Zelmarq (11503)
Cebu City, Philippines
Here I go again after all the rany days and very hot mornings now Im stuck here with a sore throat, cough and colds. Wow, its when my throat starts to feel itchy and want to cough in public places and I just have teary from trying to stop mysefl from coughing. Oh boy this is one of the most embarassing days when you have nothing to do and try to stay home than to spread the virus to everyone especially in the office. All the tissues here and there and even in the middle of the night the itch just wokes you up ending up coughing through and through and not having good sleep. One good thing is that I dont have fever and thats the last thing that I want to have.I dont like it when my head is painful because of fever. I need to have lots and lots of water to help ease the itch. have a nice day and take care.
@cortjo73 (6500)
Since this post was 15 hours ago, I hope that you are feeling better by now. I know how awful you must be feeling. I get sick a lot too. I have some suggestions. Go to an herbal store where they sell natural medicines. Ask for a Pro-biotic and some immune boosters. I get sick during the winter for about 3 or more months and this February I was getting sick again which would have lasted another month for me and I started taking the stuff I got from the herbal store and was better in under 2 weeks. When I went into my local herbal store and she gave me something called HCP-X by Nature's Sunshine. She also gave me a Pro-biotic but, I can't remember the name of it. And, another thing with "Arabinogalactan" in it which she swears is the best thing we can do for our immune systems. Also, if you are prone to allergies, as might be what you are feeling now, get something with Nettle or Nettle Root in it and, if you can find it, something with Feverfew. I stand by this stuff 100%. After 35 years of poor health due to a low immune system, and about 7 years of allergies that keep getting worse and worse each year, I can't say enough good about the products that I have found. Something else to help with your pain in your throat is Advil or any pain reliever. Definitely drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated so that your body can fight this off. Take care and I hope you are feeling better!
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am really feeling better now and I thank you for the concern, lots of liqiud helped me cope witht he problem and dont have to buy medicine coz I wanted to be healed the natural way and drinking water was the answer.
@tigerdragon (4297)
i would strongly suggest that you drink some oregano juice leaves. squeeze it about a spoonful once a day and it will relieve you of your cough and as for your colds, try to drink and eat a lot of citrus stuff. the oregano maybe a bitter juice to take but it works so well.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Aww, I am sorry you are not feeling well, Zelmarq..I still believe the best thing for a cold is some homemade hot chicken noodle soup, if you can get some, eat as much as you can and get some rest..L♥d willing, you will be yourself in no time..
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Wow, that sounds yummy, i got a bowl of soup last night but it was not chicken soup but pork soup,but the same effect is I guess there its hard and was able to soothe the itchy throat. Have a nice day and take care!
Well the hot liquid would have the same effect, but chicken has something in it that acts like a natural antibiotic, so if you can get chicken soup or make your own, that would be better..
@Lakota12 (42684)
I grab the nyquil and tell it all to go aaway works pretty well
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you my friend and thank you for your concern, its so nice of you. have a nice day and take care!
@Lakota12 (42684)
our welcome and you also have a nice day!
Oh I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling so well. Yes you need to drink plenty of water. You also need some vitamin c. Drink orange juice or calamansi Juice.. Hope You get better soon. Take care of yourself.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you for your concern my friend, im really thankful that im ok now and have gone through all the pains of cough colds and sorethroat.
@lucy02 (5017)
Do you have allergies? That's what it sounds like. My allergies have been driving me crazy lately. Always do at this time of year. Actually I have allergies year round but they are worse in the spring. Hope you feel better soon.
I sure hope you feel better. Having a cold is not fun, that's for sure. I have asthma and allergies, too, so it makes them even worse and I go through tons of tissues when I have a cold, it seems like one a second. I also have a hard time taking cold medicines because some of them give me excruciating headaches. So, take care and get some rest. We'll be here when you're better.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am now feeling better and its treated the natural way without drinking medicne.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Sorry to hear you are ill. My little one, almost 2 years old, also has a nasty cold. He has been coughing for days, runny nose, a bit of a sore throat. He is doing a little better today though. Luckily the rest of us have been doing allright.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I pity kids when they have colds coz they dont know how to handle it and see them having difficulty in breathing.
Yes, also take lots of fruits for vitamin c to increase your resistance
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, im taking lots of water and doubled my vitamin c intake.
@nancyrowina (3850)
You have my complete sympathy I'm just getting over a really bad cold and chest infection that has lasted more than 2 weeks, I'm training as a singer too and it really effected my voice I can only just sing again. Paracetamol helps with the pain and to unblock your nose if you can take it, and I had chesty cough medicine to help with the cough.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Thank you for your sympathy, my sympathies are also with you. I like my voice when I have colds coz its like very modulated.
@jillmalitz (5132)
Get out the old chicken noodle soup and put some curry powder in it! Do you have allergies? Since you dont have a fever sounds like allergy. Got any allergy meds?
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Last night the kitchen crew of the missionary training served hot soup and it was what I needed and i thanked them for serving it to us. It was yummy.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello Zelmarq. I am sorry that you have don't feel good with sorethroat and cough and colds. I hope that you will soon get well after having a good rest. Please drink more water and sleep early and well for the body to recover soon. Take care, friend.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Im feeling a little bit better since the day I posted this discussion and Im glad my body and im getting better each day.
@gemini_rose (16193)
There is an awful lot of colds about just lately, they seem to be quite nasty too. I hope I do not get anything though, I have been lucky in that I have not had a bad cold for quite a few years. The trouble is when the weather changes so much I think everyone suffers!! I really hope that you get better soon though, sore throats are the worst.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I have noticed it also in our office too, might be the virus is flying from one person to another and Im one of the victims of the victims. Im just glad I dindt have fever coz it would make things more difficult for me and my work mates as well.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi Zelmarq! I am rally sorry to hear you are under the weather. I hope you will feel better soon. Take some medicines for the cough dear and do prepare chicken soup. It would be a good remedy for colds. Please get well soon. Take a lot of rest and lots of water.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
I am a little bit ok now, though last I got soaked with the rain but i guess im just ok and the rain has not affected my health. Have a nice day and thank you for your concern.
@vanities (11376)
• Davao, Philippines
im over with it(coughs and colds) just 3 weeks ago and glad that im fine..i guess you need some rest and fluids intakes as what you had mention..and be well..take care..
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
WOw thats good that you are already over it for naw and for good. I am now taking as much fluids as I can coz I know its the best cure for my illness. Have a nice day and take!
@wayz12 (2059)
Poor you! I hope you get better soon. I hate having a cough myself, and last month I suffered with one. Furthermore, it lasted for almost three weeks, so I understand exactly how you feel. There is really not much you can do with it, except to ride it out. I had some cough drops and drank some ginger brews and teas to soothe my throat, still when the attack comes, its pretty hard to control. Well, I wish you well and hope you get rid of that nasty cough.
@Zelmarq (11503)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Its started this monday and most of the time its from colds to cough and sorethroat and thats very inconvenient for me coz my work involves talking all the time its a hard time talking with a sore throat. I have strepsils to help me bear the pain and lots of water, this will soon end and I cant for it to happen.
Try a little honey, or some candied ginger. They will help soothe the itch. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
@itsmepinky (1301)
Hope u get well soon. Take care. ~Pinks~
@ESKARENA1 (18299)
I pick up all sorts of bugs at this time of year with the changes in the seasons. I think it is both damp and warm in the Northern hemisphere and these are the perfect conditions for me to catch anything thats going. Colds sure make everyone feel misserable and liquid is a goo9d way of helping it blessed be