What to expect : How to tell his parents

@SomeCowgirl (32270)
My Fiance and I are wanting to get married in September but we have yet to tel his parents. The thing is, we won't have the money so we will have to save up. We still haven't told his parents though, and I am kind of scared of what their reaction will be to it. What should we expect? We live with his parents and we are scared to tell them. We are of age, so that is not what we are scared of. How did you tell your parents? How did they react? How long had you been dating before you decided to get married, or before he proposed? My Fiance and I have been dating for 8 months. How do you tell them?
@subha12 (18453)
I do not understand when you are living with his parents so still you have to tell them many time parents oppose to the ida of children it can act other way round too. so just tell and se.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I have actually resolved this issue and they have been told about it. It was not as bad of a discussion as we had originally thought. Thank you for your response.
@bellaofchaos (11550)
If you live with his parents then they probably suspect that this is a serious relationship. If you are on good terms with his parents you should have nothing to worry about. Plus this is between you and him, yes they will be in your life but you don't need their permission if you both love eachother and know that this is what you want. We told his mom right before we got married and told my family after we got married .. We went to the justice of the peace. LOL!!! I had a week to decide since he was going into the military. LOL!!! we were living together in our own apartment for about a year and dating for a little over.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Lol. That is actually what I was going to do - lol - well the telling of my parents after the fact. His mom told me that I should tell my family as well and invite them.. so I took her advice... There's reasons why I ddin't want to... but I have anyway..... Thanks for your response.
@ebsharer (5517)
Honesty here - Okay if I was the parents my first reaction would be save up to move out before you save up for a wedding. Your priorties should be to move out before you get married or with in a month after. As for me well we met on Oct 17th 2003 and were engaged about 2 weeks later. Yes it was love at first site. We told my parents about 2 weeks after that and my moms first reaction was - wheres the ring? I told her it was being sized. (to her that was her way of knowing if we were for real or just thinking about it) After the inatial shock my parents were okay with it. They too met and married quickly. We got married on July 17th 2004. Its been almost 4 years now and we are happy as ever. I hope you don't take my first paragraph as rude. I don't mean it that way I'm just thinking from there point of view.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
No, I understand that completely. I have another discussion actually that states that we will be staying here so that they can help us budget as well as to help them with the bills. They are fine with that and are more then willing to help us budget. We first must find a job, but well, you know that can be hard!
@jayalaksmi (1041)
Well you could try to make your parents understand both of you and how important is your relationship and that you love each other. They will surely understand you if you show them how much this relationship matters to you both and they will surely agree because they love you and can understand your love.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I don't think they will have a problem with it after telling them I just want to prepared for what they might say.
that's great for both of you.if you guys are in love then go for it.there's nothing to be scared about.just walk up to his parents and break the news to them.for all that you know they might be really happy for both of you.and for the money part just start saving for your wedding and i wish you both all the best.other thing that you can do is to plan your wedding carefully,like when throwing a shower or a party tell your friends all that you might need or maybe tell your relatives to give you money instead of gifts and then you can use that too.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
We've been planning this thing before we were officially engaged, to tell you the truth. We haven't thought about asking for specific things or money. I keep telling my fiance that his mother might already know, and we just don't know that she does. One of his uncles, everytime we see him, keeps asking when we're gonna get married... we don't see his uncle often, but it's kind of a shocker, you know... we have to keep a straight face. Thanks for your advice though... we're already planning on ways to save and make extra money.