Do you search your teens rooms for ...?

@kaysue4 (951)
drugs, cigarettes, or other things? I know a few years back my oldest was using weed and I would search his room for all kinds of things. I had placed him on probation and he was in rehab. Now, I have 3 more boys and I will search through thier rooms also, hoping to find nothing. Sometimes my bipolar son will have knives hidden, which is not a good thing for us and I take them and hide them or get rid of them all together. Do you ever search your teens rooms for thier own good? Thanks in advance for your responces.
@winterose (39921)
No I never really did search his room, maybe I should have now that I look back, he did get into trouble with the law, slashing tires as a 13 year old, but he did no start to smoke up until he was in his 20's and by that time he was a man and nothing I could really do about it.
@kaysue4 (951)
Yes, hind sight is ALWAYS 20/20 isn't it.
@winterose (39921)
he tells me he did not do anything really as a teenager but smoke cigerattes and I had given him the permission to do that. thank you for best response.
@jer31558 (3683)
Do I? no, would I? definitely if I thought it was needed to protect them.
@littleone3 (2065)
No i don't. But thankfully i have never had just cause to as my two teenage boys have never given me any reason to. I am sure if i was in your situation it would be very different.