Do we need to be away from loved ones at times?

Has it been your experience to be away from loved ones? Do you think it is good to be missed and for you to miss them too? I like to be with loved ones all the time and maybe that is not so good. Maybe we begin to take them for granted when this is the case all the time. What are your thoughts?
@balasri (26554)
It is always experienced by me that the separation from the loved ones make the love grow many fold during their absence.Yes it is an awakening for us to know how much we take the loving ones for granted when they are with us.
@balasri (26554)
Sorry something freaky has happened that placed my response in limbo in the box.
The freaky thing is probably the "enter" key that got stuck. Thanks for the response. My family is joining me tomorrow and everyone is happy. Cheers!!
@balasri (26554)
Thanks for understanding friend.
@dpk262006 (56170)
Good Post! Yes, I agree with your thought that you need to be away sometime from the persons whom you love and vice versa. Otherwise, we tend to take them for granted. Then only, they and you will learn the importance of each other and togetherness. Missing someone proves that you are attached to that person, one way or the other. If a couple is staying together, and if one of the partner goes out of station or say wife goes to visit her parents, then only the other one comes to realise the importance of each other.
This is a good question, and yes, I think it is good to get away from loved ones sometimes. I think there is a reason for the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder!" Also, if you cultivate different interests by being involved in things without a loved one, you will have something to talk about and share with the loved one when you are with them.
I think that maybe our thought processes become more intense and we begin to appreciate more our loved ones if we have to be away from them and not because we are on a vacation but more to go away for the good of the family. That I think makes the absence even more important and the times together to mean a lot more.
@dpk262006 (56170)
Many thanks for the best response. You made me day.
@lampar (7597)
I like to be with my love one all the time, it makes me feel good since i have companion around me and we can look after each other.
Having someone to love and who love us back is probably the greatest thing there is. Thanks for your comment.
@Ysabel (1202)
Well, that surely would be very ideal! One can appreciate the loved ones' presence more when they're not around. That's that time you realize, it would have been better if they're around, they could help you this or on that, etc... But personally, I don't want to be away with my loved one. I am more of the "possessive" type.. I want to be with you everyday, or if not, I want to be always in contact .. there's a telephone, there's an sms, or an email.. etc..
There is really no way that we can be away from our loved ones in our hearts. We always think of them and I am sure they do the same. There is also the phone, internet, cell phone which can reach us anytime, anywhere. cheers!!
@riyasam (16578)
i had to be away from my hubby (for job reason)and re ally distan makes heart grow fonder but it was so difficult to be away from each other,maybe we had grown too depedant.
I hope you get together soon and may your hearts even grow fonder. Cheers!
@_Honey_ (781)
whoever loved ones you're pertaining to, whether would this be a beau, loved ones by blood, friends or partners, you should always have time for yourself alone. to scrutinize yourself and your thoughts. for you to do some self reflection and still knowing who you really are and what you really want as your own self and not just by how those you love so much influence you.. for me, individuality matters a lot. just my two cents :)
Individuality is important to me too. The thing is sometimes I get the feeling that it gets lost in the midst of everyone else and you have to be everything to everyone, if you know what I mean.
@sanuanu (11238)
I didn't like being away from my family and friends. I had been for 1 year in 2007-08. It was not a bad experience at all. I think it made me more close to my family members and friends. sometimes you do need to be away from your loved ones to realize that how much they care for you and you much you need them!
I do not think it is good to be away from loved ones and I am glad that they will be joining me on Sunday.Cheers!!