Banana Bread Need Help Please

@Fishmomma (11562)
I made a loaf of banana bread and it sunk in the middle. Any ideas why it looks this way? I didn't open the oven door, as know that can cause it to sink. The loaf is the right shape and size. I welcome any banana recipes, as love to cook.
@winterose (39929)
I am not sure, maybe the bananas were too loose or too much?
@Fishmomma (11562)
I used the higher number in the recipe, so going to use the lower number when I make the bread again. I'm certainly seeing there are a lot of things that can go wrong. Thanks
Hum maybe you didnt put enough baking soda in it. Or maybe your batter wasnt a good consistancy. It dosent matter though sometimes the loaf just sinks. LOL! ~May The Kisses Of An Angel Cover And Protect You Always~ Copper
@Fishmomma (11562)
I never thought about the amount of baking soda could be wrong. It could be I wasn't accurate enough. Thanks I will have to try the recipe again. I used my mixer, as didn't want to have any of it not completely mixed.
Maybe thats the problem. Your not supposed to mix banana bread with a mixer just your hands. LOL! Atleast thats how ive always done it. Its not supposed to be completly mixed like a cake. Use your hands...yep get them messy. You can feel chunks with your fingers and squish them and you can scrape the bottom of the bowl with your fingers. Just mix till theres no big lumps and it should turn out better next time. Heres my Banana Bread recipie: {its always a big hit} You need: ~6-8 rippened bananas {the more ripe the better} ~1 can sweet condensed milk ~1 cup crisco {butter flavor} You can buy this in sticks in the baking isle ~ cups sugar {cant remember how many cups I will get back to you I have to call my mom..LOL!} ~ cups flour ~1 tsp baking soda ~Mix sugar, baking soda with crisco and condensed milk ~Add the bananas mashed {I cut them in half and then slice them first} ~Now add the flour and mix away HANDS only ~Mix till all lumps are almost gone ~Heat oven to 350 degrees ~Bake 45-60 minutes or untill tothpick inserted in middle comes out clean ~Makes 2 big loaves or 3 medium loaves ~Serve warm with butter....ENJOY!!! I have to call my mom to get the cups of sugar and flour for you. I cant remember if theres eggs in this one or not...Hum I dont think so but I will check with her. Ill let you know tomorrow. Its late and my brain is not thinking so well. LOL! Have a great evening! ~May The Kisses Of An Angel Cover And Protect You Always~ Copper
Ok so I called my mom and she said its 1 cup of sugar and 4 cups of flour. She also said you do add eggs and thats 4 eggs beaten. Add the eggs in with the sugar. Well I hope I have helped you some with your banana bread delema. Have a wonderfull day! ~May The Kisses Of An Angel Cover And Protect You Always~ Copper
@roxanne271 (2035)
• Trinidad And Tobago
Well as some metioned it could be the the ingredients. Sometimes even the flour could be the problem if it is weak, meaning that the flour contains very little gluten in it and usually bread flour in particular has a high gluten content whereas cake flour has a lower gluten content. It could be too much water or it could be that it rose in the oven and maybe it was just "air" and sank or collapsed! As for banana recipes I love to use recipes from AllRecipes and did an ingredient search using bananas and found some really good looking recipes. http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx?WithTerm=&SearchIn=All&Wanted1=banana This sites has reviews with most of the recipes that other people have tried and sometimes modified to make better apparently. Hope you enjoy!
@Fishmomma (11562)
Thanks for your reply. I realize there are so many things that could have gone wrong that I may try the recipe again when I have enough bananas. Thanks for the site, which I bookmarked.
Someone may have jarred the stove while it was cooking, like stomping through the house or dropping something heavy on the floor. Like a soufflé, cakes and breads can fall if they are jarred while cooking. It shifts the dough and lets the air out.
@Fishmomma (11562)
My husband was in bed reading and I was sitting in a chair. Our children are grown and have their own lives. The youngest does stay here some of the time, but she wasn't here that day. I was cooking at Midnight, so the house was very quiet. I'm getting to think its the recipe, so will start hunting harder for a different one. I bet many people do have sunk in loaves with young children in the house. This is the first time one of my loaves looked like this one. When my daughter was young, she was very quiet reading when I baked, so the bread looked great.