What makes a great mylot discussion

@SomeCowgirl (32266)
A few weeks ago I saw a discussion that introduced all mylotters to "the secrets" of using mylot. I ask, all of you, what makes a great discussion? How do you find your discssions? (by asking this I do not mean your own discussions, rather, I mean the discussions of your interest) What discussions do you participate in the most? I am finding it harder to find discussions in which I want to participate in as most of them seem to be of a repetitive nature. Has anyone noticed this, and if so how do you sift through them?
@hellcowboy (7383)
Baby I am also curious to know what makes a great discussion,and I agree I am having a bit of trouble in finding discussions I want to respond too, without feeling like I am being repetitive,but I just try to keep looking through them,until I find discussions I want to respond too.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
Yes, I know I have seen the way you "mylot". I don't want to go through and respond to a bunch of discussions that most people have probably already long forgotten though. You do seem to find some interesting discussions and I do tend to respond to those as well.
Yeah I know especially since a bunch of the discussions are months old,but there are always a couple interesting ones mixed in,and yeah I know I seem to find a bunch of them lol
@chrissieatu (1033)
I want to know the answer as well. Tonight I found most of the discussion are quite boring. I just could not find that many interesting post to respond. Finally, I responded most to my friends' discussion. At least I have something to say in their posts.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
It is hard to find great discussions, but I do know that they are out there. The more interests you add makes it easier for you to respond. I have found that out.
@obidan (368)
I look at friends discussions and after that I just browse through all my interests and find something that interests me and that I can help people with. Most of the time I don't respond to discussions like : ,, What are you doing this Friday?'' because it's not very constructive and clearly made to gather posts. I respond where I am needed for help or at least where I find that my response could motivate/help the user!
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I do try to look for discussions that I feel I will be able to respond to in a clear manner and that I can benefit from the knowledge or the person benefit from the knowledge. They are few and far between, especially on the slower days.
@gemini_rose (16194)
The discussions that I answer too are mostly the ones that my friends put up, when I get all my notifications through I just answer theirs, I have a great group of friends that regularly put my sort of discussion up, and unless they are being quiet for a change then they keep me busy all day long!! If for some reason I do run out of my friends discussions then I usually just go through, top discussions ones from my interests, or hot topics and then discussions with no responses. To get a wider variety of discussions in my interests I add anything that I have a slight interest in, the more interests you have, then the more discussions that come through. I know what you mean about repetitive though, as I have noticed this myself at times.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
My group of friends are a bit of a variety, and a few do have some great discussions. It's great that you have such a variety. I do try to add anything that I ever had a slight interest in or still do have an interest in...
@paid2write (5202)
I look at the discussions started by my friends first as I get a lot of email notifications and I read all of them. I make my selection from those. Then I look at discussions from my interests. I have a big list of interests. I will look at all the top discussions and hot topics, also new discussions and discussions with no responses. I agree there is a lot of repetition in the new user topics, and some of the other interests, but I can usually find something new and different to respond to out of the many available topics.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
I am finding it hard to find some good discussions, by sifting through all the repetitions. I have found a few, but not as many as when I first started. I try to do all the things you listed above but find myself getting distracted by my fiance or bored. I've also opted not to receive emails as I would not be able to keep up with them.