Responsibilities

Ok, I've had numerous discussions on here and in real life about what priority should our responsibilities have as parents. I have some friends who say making the money necessary to live on is number one. Others say spending quality time with each child is number one. Some moms say taking care of the house has to be done first. What do you say? Do you make a conscious decision to choose one over the other? Have you made some deep personal sacrifices to meet the needs you feel important? What's your take on this subject?
@roniroxas (10576)
i am a single mom of four children. and the responsibilities on my shoulder are a lot. its not easy but someone has to do it. i can say its time management. its kinda hard specially if the children are still young, but teaching them responsibilities can go a long long way. now my children are teens already and we have devision of labor.
Wow, you got your hands full. I bet its nice now that the kids are older and can help out more. I'm just wondering if you have ever had to chose one of these over the other. Lets say taking a less paying job, because yo would be able to spend more time with your kids, go to ball games or dance recitals and such. Or did you take the higher paying job, knowing it would restrict the amount of time with your kids, but having a nice house, reliable car, and plent of food seemed more important at the time?
@roniroxas (10576)
lucky for me that i am a singer. so i work at nights. more time to be with them specially when they need me to go to school activities. lucky also that school activities are not at night. last march my first born graduated from high school and the ceremonies was evening if such situation like this comes i talk to the entertainment manager 3 weeks before that i can not go to work at the said date then they will get a replacement for me on that said date. the painful part only is when i went to work abroad, though my mom and sister are there to look after my children.
I believe all of those are of equal importance. You have to spend time with your children. You have to take care of them which includes a roof over their heads, food in their tummies, and clothes on their backs, not to mention other things as well. All of that takes money. You also have to provide them with a clean and healthy home to live in. I have made many sacrifices to make sure my children are well cared for. They come first in my life no matter what.
Have you ever been in the place where you had to chose one of these over the other? Why did you chose what you did? For instance...If my kid is needing some attention, I'll let the dishes set and be with my kid. I'm not saying a clean home isn''t important, but sometimes the little things can wait so my kids will always know their needs are important to me. I've had people condem me for this, saying I should be keeping up my house better, but they don't get that it is a conscious decision I make, not just a laziness thing.
@ozzeth (942)
For me, children should first to take care of. If your children needs you and something emergency's or urgent then left what you do currently. Then go help your children. Especially if you have still little siblings...they still need for an assistant and guidance. I don't have a kids obviously becuase i am not married. But i can see what should be prioritized. Parent's willing to sacrifice anything only for there children even their own happiness in other means.