Do you prefer to respond to a long discussion or a short one?

@tjades (3592)
Jamaica
A fellow mylotter mentioned to me that it seems that most mylotters prefer to respond to discussions that do not require a lot reading rather than one that carries a lot of reading. I would like to hear from you. Do you prefer to respond to a long discussion or a short discussion? Why or why not?
Actually,the length of the discussion never matters to me...Just the quality of the topic..If its interesting i dont mind having a long discussion:) happy mylotting
@callarse1 (4793)
All I really like is qualityt discussion. If the discussion can be around five lines or more and is good quality I like to respond to the question. I don't like short discussions (around 1 to three lines) because there's not much I can say about the topic. Therefore I would vote for mid to long discussions that have good quality. Pablo
@maddysmommy (16236)
I respond to both. I usually go through and deal with all the easy ones to answer first, then go back and deal with the ones that require more thought.
@kbourgerie (8774)
I think I prefer to respond to a discussion that is shorter in nature. Too much information tends to lose my interest, however, I won't respond to one liners. I like discussions that get to the heart of the matter without asking a single question such as "whats your favorite color".
Makes no difference to me- it is more the topic, and if I feel 1) that I can add anything of value...or 2) that I can put my thoughts into a respectful and coherent bundle of words. There are times when I am very tired I will skim through a longer discussion and if it seems to be one I am interested in I will either save it for later or I will reread and respond.
@lkbooi (16101)
Hi there, for me, it doesn’t matter the discussion is long or short, as long as the topic is interesting and I really have got something to express then I don’t mind to spend some extra time reading it. But if it is really lengthy I could only read it if I have spare time. Sometimes the discussion is short but if I don’t have anything to share with I then would just ignore it.
@minnie_98214 (10574)
It all depends on the title for me if its long. I like the medium and short ones and long ones I will skip if the title doesnt interest me unless its from a friend that I know starts good discussions.
@rev1wendy (611)
Quality not quantity is what matters to me. A good post, be it a one liner or a whole page, is a good post.
I like both long and short discussions. I will try to pick the discussions I like most and respond to those. I enjoy discussions that ask for advice or funny discussions. I have responded to some really sad discussion as well. Some of those discussions were long but I didn't mind it.
@gemini_rose (16193)
I like to read a short post more than a long one, but I do not mind reading the long ones if they are interesting within the first few sentences, it is hard to read something that I cannot gain an interest in, because then I would not be able to answer it to my best ability. So overall, I do tend to go for the shorter ones.
My attention span is fairly short, so if I have to read a big long post, I might skip it. Unless it was something that really peaked my curiosity.
@Breath (1297)
I don't care about length...If it hits a funny bone then I answer...If it puts a tear in my eye I answer...If it makes me think or will learn me something new I answer..I do love all post each one is special and different just like the person who wrote it and each one needs to be read...
@paid2write (5202)
If you mean the opening post in a discussion, I would prefer to respond to a discussion with a good opening post which explains what it is about, rather than to one that starts with a few words or a single line and tells me nothing. If you mean a discussion which already has a lot of responses, I would read them all if it was interesting and I want to add my own opinion. I don't like reading or responding to discussions that have a lot of short responses. I prefer discussions with good quality longer responses.