Scared to Death!!!

@stacyv81 (5906)
I have a son he is 4, he will start school soon. He is the sweetest kid. Loving, caring, great boy! He wears glasses, and is pretty smart. I am scared to death of him going to school. Has anyone else felt this way? How did you get through it? I just know I am going to be frightened the whole time he is gone!! What do I do?
@mummymo (23709)
Many of us feel that way when our children are starting school sweety. Good grief I cried when I enrolled my son and that was about 3 or 4 months before he started! You just have to grin and bear it I am afraid - it is part of life and they are constantly getting more independant and you are less able to look out for them constantly as they get on with their own lives - but that is looking too far ahead for the moment! You will get used to it sweety - there is no other option I am afraid. Try looking on the bright side your son will probably thrive through learning educationally and socially developing through mixing with his peers! xxx
@flowerchilde (12520)
Yes, it's a sad and worrying time.. And they grow up so fast!
@goergineo (1498)
• Jordan
It is really a normal reaction especially if he that sweet. think about it, it is the time for him to go to the school. you can go with him a couple of day to check the place and the environment out there. that will ceartainly relax you.
@vera5d (3958)
My 5 year old is in preschool now and goes 3 days a week. It is a nice break for me to get what I need done while he is there. But as for him starting kindergarden and then going through elementary school and middle school and high school...it is terrifying really! I know I am going to be scared of the people he hangs out with, their parents, and fight with all of the teachers. Home schooling could be a possibility but then i wonder if i am robbing him from that socialization from being in school with other kids. I don't really know how to decide what the right thing to do is!
@Shaun72 (15970)
• Palatka, Florida
I feel the same thing about be neice starting school this August. I think she will do alright but I still worry I guess from stuff you hear on the news.
@inked4life (4228)
I actually sat in the car and bawled my eyes out when I forst dropped my kids at school, but then they came home all excited about the new friends they made and cool stuff they did, that my fears vanished and was replaced at exciytement for them and their new adventures.
It's a natural reaction for a parent to be scared the first time their child starts school. He will be fine and so will you. You just have to keep in mind that he has to get his education. The first time my oldest went to school, I drove by the school a half dozen times hoping to catch a glimpse of her. It gets easier as time goes by. You will see.
thats an age old dilema but just grit your teeth and live 'through it. he will be fine and so will you. we all go' through that and it always comes out just great. You will get over your panic in just hours and be proud of your son for going to school. trust me, beenthere done that.