Have you ever bought reycled clothing?

I was given a great wholesale directory at the shop today. I was so very happy to have received this. now I can buy my clothing to add to my booth. I may be moving to a larger booth next month. I wanted to know about the clothing because I have never heard of recycled clothing. They are store returns washed and iron and tagged. Designer names and all Dirt cheap.. They are also grade A clothing. So I would really like to know if you have ever bought these. Thanks very much for the help..
I have never bought anything like that but it sounds great.a good chance to buy something nice at a woderful price. I would like to be able to browse through a store like that and maybe find something I could actually fit into. I am a large person and have a hard time finding things to fit me.
When I move to a bigger booth I will have these sizes as well.
@Malyck (3430)
My entire wardrobe, or at least 98% is made up of second hand/"recycled" clothing. I shop at "op (opportunity) shops" for most of my clothing, because people do get rid of some fantastic things, including great designer labels, and just things that look great. I very rarely actually go into a clothing store and buy new clothes. But that also means that I rarely have to spend over $10 on a single item of clothing =D Not to mention, there's almost no chance of seeing someone else in the same thing! =D
That sounds like the best thing for me. I love things no one else has. That Is why I love my daughters prom dress. I found it at at the good will. The $310.00 tag still on it. I had to store it a few years for her to grow into it. She fits it perfectly.. Thanks
@Malyck (3430)
That makes me feel so happy and yet kind of guilty when I find things with their original tags or I just know of the designer and end up paying like $5 for them. My mum is really into shoes, and regularly buys brand new, never worn (or don't look like it) brand shoes like Nine West for under $20 when they would have been $150+, and it's just insane! I love it =D God spot on your daughter's prom dress! =D
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I have never heard of any such thing as recycled clothing. Is it something on the internet that anyone can order from or do you have to own a business or something? I would sure like to know more about that.
I was given the catalog at my booth. It's for business owners. I will let you know.
@Rozie37 (15505)
• Turkmenistan
I was looking at some stuff online, but you have to buy it in bulks. Some of it was not that cheap either. You should also get a logo and get some promotional items. That would be cool.
Due to self-respect and face-saving, nobody around me buys recycled clothes. But in other aspect, they may accept the friends' or relatives' second-hand clothes, or exchange the chothes with each other. The parents will accept the second-hand but still new clothes for their child and then pass these clothes to the other parents' child. As for recycled clothes, it does exist on the web. For some fashionable women, they prefer to buy what they like and do not clear the tag(hide behind the clothes). After feeling tired about these clothes even they only wear them not more than 2 times, they may sell them on the web(establish a selling account in advance). To be honest, those second-hand clothes will be tagged as 90% brand-new, so others could consider if they want to buy via a discount price.:)
I have never heard of face saving when itcomes to buying or using second hand clothing. Even if you take it from a friend it's still recycled clothing. I am glad your friends and family know how to save money. These trying times are reasons this may very well work out. Thanks so much Candy
Sure, its worth the buy most of the time. Again you have to look for things like lost buttons small imperfections, I mean generally just look the aritcle over otherwise you can't get a better buy.
I will thanks very much for the tip.
@moneyandgc (3438)
If I have I didn't know it. This is the first time I have heard about this. I hope it works out for you and you get some extra income with your new booth! Good luck.
I guess I was not alone in this. This is my first time hearing of this.. Thanks Money..
Yeah...me i wore always recycled clothing...just like a dress from my cousins which she didn't wear anymore... and i love buying smuggled dress which aside from being branded it is cheaper than to buy it through its origin company store..... actually for me it doesn't matter if it is used and /or recycled clothing as long as your comfortable to wear on it and it depends also on how you carry to dress up as though just like you wear the most expensive dress in the world...** @jam@ ~live life~be contented**
@winterose (39931)
I have never bought any but it sounds great, that would give you a nice little income
Yes I am hoping it works out this way. If I had this in Miami year round it would have been great. Thanks Winterose.
@chrislotz (8207)
Have you ever been to a Winners tore or a Giant Tiger store or a Value Village store. I live in Calgary, Alberta and we have a lot of these stores here and they are seconds. At Winners all of the clothes there are returns or old stock and so they resell it all at a much cheaper price. None of this clothes is washed and ironed but it is mostly returns. Then there is Giant Tiger and again it is like Winners and returns and old stock and way cheaper. Then there is Value Village and that is a second hand store that gets donations from people and they wash and iron and tag it and sell it for cheap. But you have to keep in mind when You are buying at Value Village that it is second hand clothes and most of it is worn pretty good. I would never buy undergarments from there but I do buy them from Winners and Giant Tiger because they don't take returns on undergarments so I know they have never been worn, they were just old stock. I buy most of my clothes from these stores since it is a lot cheaper. I just bought two really good support bras from Giant Tiger that had a store tag from Sears for $60.00 each and I got them for $7.50 each. They were brand new and still in the package so I know they were just old stock that Sears couldn't sell anymore.
@KKKBsmom (1094)
Wow yes I would buy them... but how would you be able to have all the right sizes and how would you decide what to try and sell... sounds like it might be a big invest ment... and maybe not sell... idk... it worries me! LOL
@suehan1 (4356)
recycled clothing stores are great and as you say dirt cheap.my daughter and i always go to these stores and have a ball buying clothes.op shops are good also and you can pick up some designer stuff in there as well.great to pick up clothes for fancy dress etc.my daughter goes to a performing arts school and often in plays etc,so we have to find outfits for these plays,well you can get anything from retro to rags.cheers sue
@sunita64 (6474)
Well I have never bought any such clothing but at home in order to give a new look, my mother stitches her blouses out of my long dresses and they look too smart. She can even churn out childrens clothing out of older clothes and believe me with laces and decorations along they look brand new.
@Zelmarq (11507)
• Cebu City, Philippines
Yes, I enjoy buying recycled clothing, they are not that bad and they are just cheap and can still be very useful and are also fashionable and it depends on your taste and luck also.
@millardos (408)
• France
i've never hear about recycled clothing, but it is a nice idea to save our planet form the global warming and pollution
@bowtieguy (5931)
I saw wal-marts comercials for this clothing but have never bought anything like this. I do think it is great that they are able to recycle so many things.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
I have worked flea markets for the last 30 years.. I worked on the weekends when I held down a 40 hr a week job.. I also had a booth when I was working this 40 hr week and going to school at night.. I guess that you have to have it in your blood to enjoy it so much, but I do.. I have seen everything under the sun at a flea market.. I have bought to resell, bought for listing on ebay, bought for my home, my husband, my son, my daughter-in-law and fo their homes.. I don't imagine that you can go to a good flea market without coming home with something.. I have bought and resold store returns, sunglasses, designer clothing and a variety of other items.. If you get the Midwest Merchandiser, you have a pretty good directory, but beware, all that offer wholesale are not offering it at wholesale prices.. Some do offer items that are great for resell and I have seen many new clothing at flea markets, but you have to watch for clothing that are outdated or completely out of style.. I do hope that you have a booth at a good market.. We have a fairly good flea market but people are getting so very cheap, and I don't mean thrifty, I mean cheap.. An example is what happened this morning, my sister sets up about every two months and was at a booth next to me.. She had about 15 pair of almost new Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Nike jeans and short sets.. These were purchased new by her son and were in almost new condition.. She was asked by a man how much for the jeans, she said $5.00 and he had the nerve to reply, $5.00, I would never pay $5.00 for jeans.. Needless to say, he didn't get them, but htis is something that you have to watch out for.. I believe that you can get some great deals if you just be careful, and shop around.. Good Luck with your booth and most of all, enjoy it.. Sorry to be so long winded but that is just the way that I am, a woman of many words..
@Fishmomma (11536)
I buy them, as need to look good for work. People won't buy plants, if I don't present myself well. This means a good brand of top and shorts. When a wealthy client is seeking my assistance, then they expect me to arrive at their house on time and dressed well; specially, if they have company. I can't afford to lose clients.
@joimarquez (1840)
i am a fan of thriftstores or second hand store or even salvation army...when i see a shirt or a skirt thats branded and looks new or not worn at all.,. and the price is just 99 cents.,., i would even care who gae it away.,., i know that im gonna be wearing it the next day and its a very good buy!
@Bizziebod (3526)
Too right I do! Why not when they are a fraction of the price? It doesn't hurt to be frugal with your money and if you're a shopping addict like me you're grateful of these places!
@grammasnook (1877)
Darlin this is the best way for you to go in todays economy people are out buying up second hand clothing because they can not afford to do anything else. Think of how many Frugal and Thrifty people there are. I would suggest that you put a site up online. I would be happy to buy good quality used clothing. Grade A clothing should not be anything that needs any repair. :) I went by the Salvation Army the other day and the parking lot was filled people walking out with bags of items. For a moment I thought I was at Walmart during the holiday season! lol. If you dcide to put up a site please send me the link. Just remember make your money but do not go overboard. You should also think about fill a box and pay this much for shipping! Best of Luck