Cruising

If you could go on a cruise to anywhere, where would you pick? I've been on a cruise, several years ago when I could afford it (it was a big family thing). We went to a couple of places in Mexico. Beautiful beaches... I had been to Mexico several times before, but never to places so lovely. My parents were given a gift over a decade ago that was a cruise to the Bahamas. They went back again a few years later. Then on their 30th wedding anniversary they had saved up enough to go on a cruise to Alaska. Personally, I would love to go on a cruise of the Greek Isles, but that is not in my immediate future. What about you? Were have you cruised to, and where would you want to go?
@pyewacket (44036)
I would love to go on a cruise..ANYWHERE!! LOL. I think one of my preferences would be a cruise to Alaska, the British Isles, yes the Greek Isles. My one friend actually did go on a cruise last year..cost her a king' ransom and went to Egypt...(groan--would love that too)--This discussion has inspired me to do one of my own...with a different twist though..hehe
I have never been on a cruise but would love to cruise the british isles specially Scotland and Ireland as thats where my gr gr gr grandparents came from on both sides of my family tree. I have never seen them and would love that cruise so much. Do not know if it will ever happen but that is my big dream.
@ellie333 (21029)
I think I would love to go to the Bermuda Triangle but then I may never come back eh! I think the Bahamas are a good choice and I would also love to cruise up the Nile and see all the Pyramids. Ellie :D
@flowerchilde (12518)
I would love to cruise the coastline of Ireland.. or even the rock bound coast of the state of Maine..
@ElicBxn (60884)
My sister's friend took her on a cruise for her 50th birthday (my baby sister is 50?) I know they went out of Anahiem but I don't know where they went. I'd like to do a cruise of the Greek Isles if I were to do a cruise, but in the spring or fall. In the summer I'd rather go to Alaska.
@KarenO52 (2951)
Alaska would be my first pick. I've been to Cozumel, which was really nice, and the Bahamas, where I didn't like it at all. The Greek Isles sound great. Don't know if I'll ever go, but I would love to.
Wow, you didn't like the Bahamas? My parents actually preferred the Bahamas over Alaska. But maybe it all depends on where you dock, or the weather, or something. Quite honestly, I think my parents didn't enjoy the Alaska cruise as much because they had a couple 'follow' them on the cruise (they had heard my parents were going, so thought they would come too). This wouldn't have been so bad, but the couple wanted to do everything with my parents, and it was my parent's anniversary.
@KarenO52 (2951)
Our cruise line's stop was in Nassau, and they failed to tell us that practically the whole town would be closed the day we docked there, due to a national Bahamian holiday. We had planned on exploring the local shops and restaurants, but the only thing open was the Hard Rock cafe, which was not what we were looking for. We couldn't walk two feet without someone wanting to braid our hair, or wanting a handout. I did feel sorry for the people there because they were so poor, but there is a place close to the downtown where multimillionaires have mansions. I think it's closed to the public, or they charge an enormous amount to tour it. I think Oprah has a vacation house there, and I just think that if she and those other millionaires can afford to live so luxuriously, they should be able to help the natives a little more so they don't have to beg. My daughter also went to Nassau, and she had about the same experience as we did, only the town was open. Everything was very expensive.
That's sad. How odd that people would have such different experiences. Another mylotter in this discussion said she loved the Bahamas, as did my mother, but you and your daughter were the opposite. Of course, it was awful planning on the ship's part to arrive on a holiday.
@SheliaLee (2738)
Hi Amber! My husband, Amanda, Stuart and I have been on a couple of dinner cruises when we traveled to Chicago and Hawaii but they were mainly for partying people so we didn't enjoy them at all except for the meal they served (after serving the acohol drinkers) and seeing the view from the outside of the boat. I have told Steve, though, that if he and I ever get a chance to go on a "real" cruise I would love to go on a cruise to New England and see the various states up there. A couple in our Sunday School class went on a cruise up to that area about a year or so ago and they loved it. I think I would really enjoy that. That will probably be several years down the road though.
I have never been on a cruise before, but would like to. Maybe around the Great Barrier Reef here in Australia. Great weather most of the year and so big you'd barely meet another soul while out there. Yeah, the Great Barrier Reef sounds good. Might go and book tickets now and hope that my imaginary credit card works.
@kel1483 (986)
I want to go to Greece in general, so I think a cruise of Greek Isles would be nice. I would love to go on a Scandanavian cruise. I've never been on a cruise before. I've traveled, just not via cruise ship =)
I would go to the bahamas, because it is really nice there. I would also like to go to south africa or somewhere around there, because I have always wanted to go to Africa.
@sweety_81 (2129)
Hi , I would like to go cruising to NewZealand , Australia and to places in South America. Regards
Greece and Australia. Those are the only two places I want to visit. Well, I think I would like to go to Hawaii as well...but those are my top two vacation destinations.
@winterose (39918)
I have never been on a cruise but I certainly would want to. I would love to go to a cruise of the Caribbean, or the south pacific island, or malta itally, portugal and greece.
@jillhill (37384)
I have been on a cruise to the Bahamas.....and it was fun! If I could go again I would go back there but to different islands. Inclusively it was the best type of vacation to take!
Ive never been on a cruise, so anywhere would be nice for me! I would love go to Alaska though, I hear that its beautiful there!
I would go on a cruise to North Africa or the Middle East...and have some properly prepared couscous.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Lord yes I would love to go on a cruise, The Greek Isles sounds fasinating.That would be just a dream for me but if I had to choose it would be somewhere tropical like the Bahamas. From what I have seen on television it appears to be a beautiful luxurious place to visit. I doubt I could drap my husband on a cruise ship even if it was free, Seems he has a phobia about getting farther then a 50 miles from home. So I would have to take my mom or sister if I ever did get to do a cruise.