Babysitters club

the babysitters club - a series of books called the babysitters club.
@shymurl (2768)
Does anyone remember these series of books??? Its about a group of girls that start a babysitters club and they solve mysteries. I read a bunch of them when I was younger. I recently found some of the books at a second hand store and bought them thinking my daughter would like them. And so far she does.
@anaknitatay (1335)
Hmmm.... I don't seem to have come across these series. There was a detective series I loved when I was a kid. It was called Encyclopedia Brown. Are you familiar with it?
@raenie (707)
Oh my sister & I love Encyclopedia Brown--he was this 10 year old kid right who was a genius--thus he was called Encyclopedia (hmm, if I remember right, his real name was LEroy & he had a policeman as his father, so his dad sometimes asks help from him) Hehe, it was such a cool series to read, since you search for clues within the story and if you can't solve it, you can always look at the end of the book for the asnwers! ;)
@shymurl (2768)
hmm i'm not familiar with that, but you got me interested. thank you for responding.
yes, that's the one! They were always a fun read especially when he's up against that bully whatsisname. -lol
@raenie (707)
I sure do!! My sister & I even have some of their books! Hmm, let me see if I remember--I think there were like 8 of them--Kristy was the president right and the founder of the BSC! Plus there was Stacy, Mary Ann, Mallory, Jessi, but I can't remember the name of the Asian girl--oh & Logan--a temp member who was also Mary Ann's bf!and & I think I missed a couple--lol--just those who I remember off the bat! your post sure tested my BSc memory ;) That's great that your daughter likes them, and that she loves to read, since with technology these days, it's hard to convince young people the value of reading. Btw, I also remember collecting the Sweet Valley series by Francine Pascal--am actually read this more than the BSC...
@shymurl (2768)
Oh yes the Sweet Valley series. I totally forgot about that. thank you for reminding me.lol thank you for responding.
@kel1483 (986)
The Asian one was Claudia. There was also Mary Ann's stepsister Dawn, when she moved from California (I believe) she became one of the BSC members. I also remember how they always made a huge deal out of how Stacy was diabetic. I used to read the Sweet Valley books, but not as much as BSC. I liked the Sweet Valley University books. My cousin had the Sweet Valley High Board Game. We had so much fun playing that!
@bjcyrix (6910)
Hi! Yeah, I remember that series. I didnt read much of them actually. The school library back then only had a few copies and it was always out. Its either thator someone was hiding them.hehe Anyways, I already frogot about the mysteries that they solved. I can only remeber the movie and I still remember the plot of the movei as well as the actors. I knwo that the series have many books and Ive seen them in secondhand bookstores too but I dont buy them. I guess I got past it when I wasnt able to read more of it and that was in the 6th grade. I moved on and found Nancy Drew and Sweet Dreams books instead. Some of my friedns said that they have read a lot of the Babysitters Club books but they also just borrowed it from a cousin or a neighbor. My passion until today is collecting the original series of Goosebumps books. It actually what got me started in taking interest in pocketbooks. Had my first one (Be Careful What You Wish For) in 1999. Still have it and the collection has grown. Sad that Goosebumps books are very rare here nowadays. I wont be able to complete my collection. But im still hoping.^_^
@shymurl (2768)
I read some of the Nancy Drew books. I never got the chance to see the babysitters club movie. I remember the Goosebumps too. We have some, my son loves to read those books. thank you for responding.
@bjcyrix (6910)
Oh wow! An existing Goosebumps original book? Well, it might still be pretty available there but here it is very hard to find and I guess I have bought all of the Goosebumps books for sale in our area. I still have a lot of books missing so Im always on the lookout. Kudos to you, your family and your love for reading.^_^
@hcromer (2712)
I used to be a big Babysitters Club reader also. Sometimes I think I might go back and buy some more and try to read them now, but it hasn't happened yet. If I ever have a daughter, I would totally buy her some Babysitters Club books. They're really wholesome plus it's nice that it encourages girls to want to babysit, work together, and teaches them important lessons about diversity, etc.
@shymurl (2768)
lol yeah now my daughter is helping me with her baby brother, she's really enjoying it. thank you for commenting.
@Angelwriter (1956)
I was a big Babysitters Club reader. I read the regular series, the super specials, the mysteries, even the spin off with one of the club member's little sister. Even got my brother to read a couple.
@shymurl (2768)
thats cool you got your brother to read a couple. thank you for responding.
@kel1483 (986)
I loved the Babysitters Club books when I was a kid. I really enjoyed the seperate "Babysitters Club Mystery" series.I remember watching the Babysitters Club TV show (I thought it was way better than the movie). I loved how the characters were all different and they weren't like the stereotypical girl book characters. My friends and I were always going to start a babysitters club. We sometimes would stay in during recess at school and try to start it, but it never actually happened haha.
@shymurl (2768)
I never saw the tv series. my friends and I wanted to start one too. to bad it never happened. lol. thank you for responding.
@sedel1027 (17855)
I loved those books. I remember reading them up through book #70 or some ridiculous number. Are they still making them or just reprinting the old books? I remember seeing the series last time I was in barnes & noble.
@shymurl (2768)
I remember there being over a 100. I'm not sure if they are making them anymore. Thank you for responding.
Do I remember them? I love those books. I'm 19 and I still remember all about the books. When I used to read those books I used to wish that I could make up a club like that with my friends. But I'm in the city so it was hard to do that. But I really love those books. I used to have some books of the collection. Ann M. Martin wrote a little sister's babysitter clubs too and some others. I used to read them all the time and I think that I have still got some of the books lying around somewhere.
@shymurl (2768)
thats too cool. I use to wish the same thing with me and my friends. thank you so much for responding.