If He Loses It's Probably Because He Is Black???

@rodney850 (2145)
In a report just today by Chicago Sun-Times reporter Mary Mitchell the inevitable excuse was made for Barak Obama ifhe loses! It will be, of course, because of racial prejudice! Now I really didn't expect this card to be played quite so early but could it be that Obama is fearful of a Clinton comeback and must trump at this time with the race card? Here is the article by Mary Mitchell: http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/933314,CST-NWS-mitch06.article
@jormins (1224)
I'm in agreement with you on this issue. Yes Obama will be attacked by racists and have people who choose not to vote for him only because the color of his skin. However, just as many sexists will do the same to Senator Clinton and John McCain will have to face age discrimination in the general election. I think the Sun Times is just trying to sell some papers as they are always lagging behind the Tribune and probably will never be as good a paper.
kennyrose You are so right. He has never been poor and no matter how he tries to identify with poor blacks and deny his white heritage the phonier he appears to me.
@twallace (2675)
I was wondering when a new paper would have the nerve to put that out there and now it is out. That would be the case for some they didn't want a black president or if he did make it. How long would it be before the would kill him. Then on the other hand there are those that don't want a woman for president and would they hold that against her for trying. This presidency it between a rock and a hard spot and the election will have to be the one to tell what will happen. The article touches on some true points but we have to still wait and see what the out come will be. The wait is on.
@gewcew23 (8011)
A while back I wrote a discussion asking the question if Obama could be a racist. Two people responded by saying that Obama could not be a racist because he is white and black. So let us turn that logic up side down. If Obama does not win it cannot because of race, because he is half white.
...and because he is inexperienced, elitist, Muslim and terrorist friends (birds of a feather flock together). I have been reading a lot about Obama and have come to the conclusion that he and his wife are both racists. He tries to to deny, or play down, his white lineage to please his black supporters and his wife makes quite a statement way back in her college thesis regarding whites and her newer statement that "finally she was proud to be an American". That kind of first lady we do not need.
I also feel kind of sorry for her. Although perhaps she has hidden strengths as she has been showing some backbone lately.
I do not know if Obama is a racist or not, but frankly there is something about him that I just do not like. It is not linked to his opinions or what he actually says (or that he is black, of course), it is just a feeling I have inside about him. I know it sounds weird, but I listen to my gut feelings and I do not think he is a good person based on that. Ever since the first time I saw him on TV I didn't like the vibe he gave off. I don't know if this is a good enough reason to not like him, but that's how I roll!
wooitsmolly You have echoed my feelings exactly. With me it is a very bad gut feeling. In fact I can hardly bear to look at him because my feeling of unease is so strong.
Obama and his supporters sure want to forget that he is more white than anything. His daddy was part black and part arab-african. His mom was white. That makes Obama 50% white, way less than 50% black and way less than 50% arab-african. So, why do they call him black? Because that's what he calls himself! Apparently he is ashamed of his white half. How can someone ashamed of part of his own heritage represent that heritage in elected office?
@anniepa (27242)
Of course, whoever loses will have an excuse like that, and it just so happens this year we have built-in excuses for the two Democrats. I don't mean that to imply either of the candidates will themselves play the race or gender card but that whichever one of them loses SOMEONE will play it. I don't agree with it at all and I don't really think it will be the ultimate deciding factor. I read the article you linked here but I don't know why you'd say "Obama may be fearful of a Clinton comeback and must trump at this time with the race card", because it wasn't him that said those things. Annie
@rodney850 (2145)
Sorry, Annie, sometimes I don't read what I write as well as I should. What I meant to imply was "Obama supporters" because this was in fact not written or endorsed by Obama.
@Elixiress (3893)
I hate it when if someone looses and they are in the minority then it is due to some form of hatred, because you are black, because you are homosexual, because you are muslim etc. Maybe you lost because you weren't as good as your competitor?
@mikeysmom (2092)
well hillary could say that some would not vote for her because she is a woman so either way there will and can be prejudices. everyone has their own beliefs and there is nothing anyone can do to change that so hopefully people will vote based on the issues and the ideas that the candidates have for the future of this country. i personally want a president in the white house that truly is of the people, by the people and for the people and one that will get us universal healthcare.
@clrumfelt (5421)
....or, if he loses it's probably because he isn't qualified to run the country. Even though no one is saying that either(many would swear on a stack of Bibles they don't believe it)everyone knows it.
I read the article and that is the most ridiculous excuse in the book! If Obama loses, its because the people want a president who knows what they are doing-I don't think Obama would do well as president anyway. I am not voting for him and its not because he is black, I just don't like his views. I would vote for Hillary because it would be cool to see a woman in the White House for president. I don't think prejudice has anything to do with the race for President. People are just getting tired of the political crap that they are slinging. This country needs a change, I think Hillary would provide that change.
@chiyosan (29383)
i think he will not lose. i have a strong feeling he is set out to win over hilary... just my pov.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Well, I personally haven't been following this too closely, because I plan on voting republican, but in my own personal opinion, I think if either Obama or Hillary win it will be because he is black or because she is female. I don't know, it's just what I think, but I feel that may actually help them. But all in all it's really stupid to think that way. They should be voted on because of their politics, not their gender or race. Which is why I'm not voting for either :D
apparently your not allowed to just now like the man. There has to be a reason behind it. Personally I just do not like him. I think Hillary is just the better person for the job. I do not think many people will be shocked though that the race card would be played. Didn't we all see it coming? Shame on him for playing that card
Thank you for including the article because you did not sum it up accurately. It did not say that the excuse would be racial prejudice, it discusses the issue. During this campaign, for the most part, the issue of being a woman has been more important than the issue of race and has held Senator Clinton back. It has, ironically, been the Wright incident that there have been major rumblings of race. I think if Senator Obama "trumps" the race card it will be shallow of him, as an excuse and put a whole different slant on his campaign and the future possibility of a black president. I think he has more class than that. Only time will tell, so lets not speculate on this issue. It is such a shame that Wright is so full of hate that he wants to stop one of his own from succeeding to the Presidency. That is a symptom of a very "black heart" if you will excuse the pun. He is the epitome of ignorance and it is sad that his face/voice has been given recognition in this campaign.
If that's the excuse for obama when he lose why, what would be the excuse for hilary? Because she's a woman. People seem look for the obvious reason why their candidate loses but failed to dig deeper on the issue. It's just goes to prove that until now racial prejudism is still in our society, no matter what other race you're from when your not from the white your no good. I hope time will dilute this way of thinking because even a small spark of this kind of non-sense can start a wildfire if the environment allows it.
Oh lord, we had to know that that one was coming. I'm not prejudice at all, in fact, I'm actually pulling for him because he seems like someone that cares for the people but then he is a politician and with them you never can tell but in any case, African Americans will look for any excuse to cry prejudice. I mean, come on people what more do you want from us, we have been crying sorry for decades now and longer! We love ya, can't ya just get over it and love us back?