Worn Out

Worn Out - I ran Buster ragged outside. he is out like a light here.
@webeishere (36353)
Wednsday was a decent day with the high near 70. A storm blew in late afternoon but i did get outside and get some yard/garden work done. Then it was time for fun after I rested from mt gardening etc. Buster was outside so we had some running around exercising to do. Well after this for about 15 minutes we were both tired out. I showered, then looking for Buster I found him all curled up sound asleep in his kennel. At nights I also chase Buster through the house till one of us tires. Do you run your dog ragged till he begs to be let back in thew house? Does he sleep a long time after a hard workput like my Buster does? Do you run through the house with your dog as well? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@flowerchilde (12547)
When I venture to walk around our lot.. for a little extra exercise don't you know, I cannot get that lazy ole dog to walk with me.. she'll walk a little bit and then lay right back down.. it's been like that for a about three years now.. I don't think she's as old as she lets on, but she sure is lazy! She's rather clever though. I can't forget how I would call her and make her get back up.. but she caught on right away that I was walking in a circle and do you know rather than follow me she'd cut across and stand there ahead of me with a grin on her face knowing she'd outsmarted me.. You must be one o' them high energy people grandpaw Bob.. If I didn't strictly discipline myself I'd get as fat and lazy as my ole dog..
@webeishere (36353)
Then get some exercise in the yard with the lazy thing. HAHAHA!! I am not really all that high energy, I just hate being still I guess. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
...stillness.. is my middle name..
@carmelanirel (20979)
Zoe  - Here is my dog, not worn out, but sleeping weird..lol
I thought I would post a picture of my Zoe who is sleeping weird..I know her eyes are opened, but this is how she was sleeping, though I don't think she was that worn out this day, but she sure looks funny..
@webeishere (36353)
Loved the photo. Buster sleeps with his eyes open sometimes as well. And he also snores a lot. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I haven't heard Zoe snore, I am sure if she does, it would be loud..
@whittby (3073)
I'll take my dog on a long walk. Sunday I took him all the way down to the store to get a newspaper. He was dragging so bad on the way home, I put him into the canvas bag and carried him for a block. In the house, we'll play hide and seek with the dog. One person holds him and we hide and then call him to find us. You ought to try this - we think it's so darn funny.
@webeishere (36353)
Buster in a bag won't ever happen. I'd tire out before he would anyhow. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@carmelanirel (20979)
With a German Shepherd puppy, it would probably take my whole family taking turns to wear her out.. This is why she is on a dog run, we throw a ball for her and that way we don't get tired, but she does..Plus I have a friend with a beagle dachshund mix that loves to play with my dog and believe it or not, this little dog will out play my dog..
@webeishere (36353)
I had 2 Great Danes many years ago. To tire them out I would run them using the truck to lead them for a long run. Well a trot really. Running would be about 30 MPH for my Danes back then. I get worn out before Buster does also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@faith210 (11233)
Hi GRANDPA BOB! No, I really don't chase them around anymore for almost a month now. I just stand still while they circle me around and nudging me to ran after them. I usually take two steps and stand still again. haha..Then they quit and they just chase each other. haha.. Just my thoughts. Take care and have a nice day!
ohmy Grandpa Bob I just realized what would cure my insomnia a good dog to have to chase after and tire us both out. but alas I live in an apartment complex that won't let us have any pets. Not even a kitty cat.shucks. Across the way from us are a complexof condos and they all have dogs. One which howls all night too. I think he howls because he is outside when old Mr Possum comes down to raid my plastic garbage sacks which I have had to put out in my patio because the management here has only provided five dumpsters for one hundred twenty odd families here.lol anyway the dog howls at Mr Possum then I go out and yell at him and he just waddles underneatht the patio fence and is gone.I fully expect him to get stuck one of these days as he is so pudgy.
@KrauseHome (35514)
Well, I have not owned a Dog since I was still living at home over 23 yrs. ago. I would actually Love to own a dog someday if the need arose as well. But when my husband and I owned a Cat, we used to make sure any play with it each night just to give it some attention, and it was definately worth it as well.
@SomeCowgirl (32266)
We have two chihuahua's and tonight at supper one of them jumped on my fiance's mom's lap.. he bumped his head on the way but I don't think he was too concerned. He was trying to get away from our new addition, Peanut... Peanut is a hyper little thing, hard to keep him still. I am sure that my fiance and I would both be tired out by the time we got Peanut tired out...
@blackbriar (9080)
It varies when Domingo gets a bug up his butt to go racing around like a maniac. If it happens while he's in the house, he will run from one end to the other non-stop for bout 10min. barking his fool head off. lol If he happens to be outside, he will race around outside in crazy patterns with a wild look in his eye. Then stop, look at you and bark his fool head off while trying to get you to chase him. Either way, he's a riot when he gets on his rampages. Unfortunately, they don't wear him out soon enough. lol
@winterose (39917)
Gosh I don't have a dog but my house is so small I couldn't even run in it let alone have a dog run with me. I miss the days when I had a dog though. I love them so much.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
Sam never tires for being an old dog he sure has a renewed lease on life. Even my neighbor was shocked when I told her how old he was she thought he was younger.
@KrisNY (7591)
How fun.... Yes we play with Carmen all the time. My daughter has a game she tries to outrun Carmen-- isn't successful often- as she tires before the dog :) Ia lso play with her a lot- and walk with her a lot. A lot of times we will ride the 4-wheelers and she will chase us- until she has had enough and just drops and sleeps :) If it's us playing--- without the 4-wheeler-- I always tire first!