Is your TV on while you are surfing or writing online?

@TriciaW (2441)
I know that I should turn it off when I am online since I am entertained here enough and it would save on electricity but I usually have it on when I am online. Not always but most of the time. What about you? Do you have the TV on?
@ruby222 (4848)
You have just made me think now,as im typing this my tv is on ,the sound is dowwn low,but its still using power!!and thart does seem so silly if you think about it,but i think maybe its just sometimes comforting to hear noise,gentle noise in the background.
@kaysue4 (951)
I have my tv on all of the time and I set the timer for when I fall asleep at night. I have a laptop, so sometimes, I sit at the table or sometimes I sit in bed with it on my lap.
Nah, I don't. I don't have a laptop and I am using the desktop in my room. And since there is no TV in my room, I don't watch TV while surfing.
hello tricia, yes, i like turning my tv on while im online. my sister would sometimes get mad at me because its a waste of electricity. and yes, i do know that it is a waste of electricity but i dont know, it comes natural for me to plug the tv and turn it on while im surfing or mylotting. i could use the music on the computer but sometimes i feel weird listening to it coming out of the computer and still feel the silence of the room. do you know what i mean? at night people are already asleep and most of the time its when im active and i find the whole house just quiet and i couldnt stand it so i turn on the tv. i dont really watch it all the time because im diverted here on the computer screen. but i just want some tv conversation on that would fill the room. the computer music just doesnt cut it for me. lol isnt that weird?!
@tintinn (277)
Yes I do....my main intention is that I want to catch up with news and other issues that happened around the world as well as surfing the internet.
@Elixiress (3893)
I have the TV on at the moment, because my sister is playing on the Wii. I had it on before that too, because I was listening to the music on the music channels and then Holyoaks came on which I watch everyday. Sometimes I don't have it on, especially if there is nothing on to watch. I don't just have it on for the sake of it.
@sunshine4 (8709)
I always have the tv on while I am online. I watch tv at the same time as I surf~ or the kids are watching something. Right this moment is very unusual because there is no tv on. I am babysitting and all the kids are asleep so I don't need any extra noises for them to wake up to.
@gmwgreat (287)
• Ethiopia
yeah, i got my own tv and its always on, it has never turned off, not only mine, the tv in our living room too, its always on, we left it on, my mother and my sister don't give it a care, and there is no problem in electricity in our country, i mean the cost is good, we have a lot of rivers lol, have a nice mylotting!!
@Chispa514 (871)
• Montreal, Quebec
Depending on the time of day/night, and how i'm feeling, sometimes I keep my tv on, because my computer is in the living room which is where my tv is as well. But sometimes when its late at night and i'm alone, I like to keep it off and just have soft music playing. But on days/nights when I have a severe migraine, i'll have only the computer on (until my head hurts too much, then that goes off too)
@ruthinian (2311)
Yes, I turn on the TV the moment I wake up to watch the news. Then it will be on the whole day. I don't really watch I just want it on and I like to listen to the sound in the background. Sometimes it is useful in myLot because I would get a good idea for a topic for my discussion here in myLot. Other times I would turn the sound to mute, nothing much to that, I just want it that way. Is that odd?
@joimarquez (1840)
yes...i watch tv while im on mylot participating on discussions. i cant miss my show just because im mylotting hehehehe.
@littleone3 (2065)
Yes i have the tv on as there is usually someone else in the room watching it. When i don't have it on i will put music on and listen to that instead, which is very rarely. Also my 2 year old will switch the tv on if it is off he just doesn't like it being off.
@bcote212 (1113)
I always need some kind of noise in the backround. Luckily I live in a big city and generally there is traffic for me to listen to LOL. But I need something going on. I eaither have the TV on or I play music on the computer while I am surfing.
@sameroad (3180)
During the day I don't have it on but at night i'll turn it on while i'm at the computer. i like to listen to it and i'll look back at it and stuff.
@magikrose (5423)
No I dont have the tv on at all untill my kids get home from school than after there home work is done they can either watch a little of tv or they will go out side to play. I honestly dont watch any tv untill arround bed time and even then I really dont watch that much. I prefer to have music playing in the background than the tv. Actually I have a wrbpage with a ton of my favorite music that I have playing in the background.