Penny Pinching the wedding planning.

@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I wanted everyone's opinion on this subject as my fiance and I are currently trying to plan our wedding. We want everything to be nice and as cheap as possible. Our original plan was to have the wedding at a local park with everyone going to Golden Corral later, but we are unsure whether or not we can afford that. We haven't set a great budget but have been using internet worksheet sources to help us plan everything. This wedding will not be formal, it will not be traditional! We wish to have a western style wedding with myself as well as bridesmaids wearing jeans and a shirt.... with a belt buckle. Does anyone have any penny pinching ideas and / or can tell me what they did for their own wedding to save on all costs? We already have a cake place, as well as invitations and the cake topper as well as wedding table decorations set.
Oh believe me, I know all about ultra-budgeting. The keys are ebay, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and thrift stores. Do as much as you can yourself. You can make your own invitations, decorations, anything you feel capable of making.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
We're more into looking through catalogs, I guess that's kind of stupid if we'd like to save. We're still in planning stages, ofcourse, and nothing has been set in stone, but we do have what we want set in mind. Thank you for your response, and we will be looking through some of the places you have mentioned, I am sure.
Yeah, catalogs are going to be way overpriced. The problem with wedding items is that most distributers will charge three times what something is worth just because the word "wedding" is attached to it. It's great to get ideas and inspiration from them, but I definitely don't recommend ordering form them unless it's something ultra unique that you can't make or find anywhere else and you really, really want. I've been planning for 2 years now so I'm pretty familiar with most things. You can e-mail me if you want to talk about some more specific things. mermaid_bride08@yahoo.com
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
Thank you and I may consider doing that if I get stuck. I have been looking through and using worksheets for helping with time management planning on weddings. About.com is a good source as well for that kind of thing. The only thing is, it's harder to look for wedding things on a themed wedding because most of those things have to be special ordered.
@Adelida2233 (1008)
Not sure where you live, but instead of a local park(where I'm assuming you have to pay something to use it), is there a horse stable or ranch nearby that the owners would let you use(or rent for a small fee). How many people are you inviting/have confirmed? Do you have ideas for food or do you need help with that as well? Let me know and Ill try and come up with a few ideas for you.