Daughter or Son, which do you most expect?

China
There was a debate between my colleagues yesterday about having daughter or son.Though man and woman are equal nowadays,still most of participants would like to have son rather than daughter. The conclusion is rather disappointed for those simple reasons of having sons. According to them, son firmly comes down with his family's name but daughter will follow her husband's after her join in another family.Besides,old parents think they can rely on son when they are too old to take care of themselves.Since daughter has been a member of another family, it is impossible to count on them any more. So both my women and men colleagues are holding the idea of giving birth to a son but rather than a daughter. What's your viewpoint on this issue? Do you want strongly to have a son?What's the difference?
@lynnchua (3416)
I like both, my son is caring and loving. and my daughter is sticky, sticking to me wherever I goes. There is still a lot of people who prefer son than daughter. Maybe I'm consider a lucky one with both.
So you are really a lucky perpon with no regret,right? If it is possible,I'd rather have a son and a daughter.One of my colleague said the reason why she doesn't like daughter because she would worried more to daughters than son. She have to worry about what kind of a man her daughter is going to marry with.Since both woman and children belong to social vulnerable groups, she should think more to make her daughter safe enough.But that would not happen to her son.The thought is one-sided,in fact.
@lynnchua (3416)
You friend might be wrong. No matter whether its a son or a daughter, there is alway a lot of things for parent to worry about.
@lynnchua (3416)
Your friend might be wrong. No matter whether its a son or a daughter, there is alway a lot of things for parent to worry about.