Your feelings and thoughs about "No Child left Behi

I have been talking with teachers, students,parents, school district staff, etc. and I have been hearing the same thing from all of them... "No Child Left Behind means every child left behind." Here in California, a lot of teachers and other school staff who provide direct care to the students are being laid off due to budget problems... Programs, classes, etc . are being slashed. Meanwhile the Districts are having to invest a whole lot of money in purchasing tests, preparation for tests and actually testing the students. A lot of students are afraid of the tests. Some are may be good students but be bad test takers due the stomach aches and other health problems that result from stress. Many students are dropping out of school because they are now disengaged by the repitition of material for tests and because they no longer have the music, arts, woodshop, etc. that young people want and need. How is No Child Left Behind affecting your children and their teachers (etc.) in your area? How would you like to see It change"
@Lakota12 (42794)
seems like the money needs to be put back in system for the classes that has been knocked out I dont have any kids in school but I always thaoughthis was a dumb idea!
It is indeed a "dumb idea." Thanks for posting here.
@Lakota12 (42794)
again thanks! hugs