Were you the one who chose your school?

By joy
@MGjhaud (20879)
When you enter high school or college, did your parents gave you the chance to pick one? Or did you have no choice at all?
@thaMARKER (3093)
Yes, when I was in a University, I chose it myself. During primary and high school years, my parents did because I was young and very elite. hehehe.. I don't know what's the best place to study before so I went with the flow and my school before wasn't that bad anyway..
@MGjhaud (20879)
Same here.
@bjcyrix (6910)
Hi! My high school was actually my school since kindergarten and elementary so I had to finish it there. Well, actually I thought of transferring to another school when I stepped in high school but I didnt go through with it. I thought it will jsut be too muhc of a hassle, getting all the papers done, adjusting to a new school, new classmates and new friends. Why would I do all of that when I already have one for my own? In entering college I pretty much picked where I wanted to attend since I was in grade school. Since then I knew which school I wanted but because of a bad experience with it I actually thought of entering another school. But then again, I ended up with my old decision. Its reputation with me and the respect I had for it when I was a kid changed. Now, Im still attending it because its supposed to be 'the best' but I couldnt care less right now. Im just waiting to graduate then Im gone from there. Only thing good it does me is taht I get good grades even when im not caring and not studying at all and I found a few good friends and teachers.
@MGjhaud (20879)
Well maybe I get bored with going into the same gate and same room from kindergarten to college or high school. I have a different school in every education level. I mean I have different school at kindergarten and in primary, different during high school too and as well as when I got into college.
@bjcyrix (6910)
Maybe the same gate and same school but different buildings and different rooms. We actually sort of 'toured' the whole school starting on one wing for kindergarten and it progresses until we get near the gate because the high school building is the first you see when you enter the gate. It was all good and fun and so maybe thats why my school was my second home.
@MGjhaud (20879)
..I know the feeling 'cause I observed some friends of mine during college who took their entire education in one school.
@kun2349 (23475)
I did choose the high school myself but it's my 5th choice out of the 7.. LOL ^_^ Because we were allowed to choose as we wun know how we will fare during our primary school leaving examiniations.. Thus, we have more choices in case our grades is not good enough to go into our 1st choice of high school.. So by allowing more choices, it saves time and manpower by re-choosing again after we know our results.. hehe ^_^ BUt luckily for me, i do like my high school though it's low in ranking.. hehe
@MGjhaud (20879)
so you had the low profile during your high school years huh..
@kun2349 (23475)
Yeah.. But it was fun.. haha
@MGjhaud (20879)
@ratyz5 (7829)
I really had no particulars in choosing a school when I was about to enter high school. Though I knew that I would still meet those classmates of mine during in elementary at high school, it wasn't a bsis for me at all. When I finished high school, I got overwhelmed with any University or College that I can go to. I didn't also have any idea on where I should go, let alone the course that I was going to take but, I ended up where I finished the course I chose, no regrets about that. My parents simply chose the high school that I graduated from since it was the closest which provided assurance for them. I tried to apply at two Universities here in our country, I failed the first one and passed the second. How about you? Free will or coerced?
@MGjhaud (20879)
My parents decided my school during high school though it wasn't the closest from home. During college, I applied at the first choice and passed the exam so I didn't took any second test from any otehr universities..
@ratyz5 (7829)
Wow, that's nice
My school was nothing to do with me. It was just the one that happened to be in the area we moved to. I absolutely hated it, but given the nasty little town we lived in, there weren't any more appealing options. College was totally my choice. I chose to commute to one out of town to get away from where I was living and University was in Wales, technically another country, that I chose to move to, to get farther away!
@MGjhaud (20879)
Oh. Well then I hope you had the best years in college and in getting far away then..
well ultimatly i can choose my high school, but my parents make sure to comment every 2 seconds about the one I am attending is better...
@MGjhaud (20879)
hi mg. i was the one who picked out my schools for high school and college. my parents gave their thoughts and adviced me but i had the final say. i think it really is up to the child to choose a school but parents should really guide their child in choosing the right school.
@MGjhaud (20879)
Hello allen. As I mentioned I forgot who suggested my university in college but I like it. My high school, my parents or my sister who picked I guess and I still like it too.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
i too picked both and high school and college for my self ... but for college is so hard to be becouse i pick what i love a little becouse my parents doesnt have a money to support my school trip or living in some other city so i need to pick something closer to my home so i doesnt need to pay for anything except food and drink, all other things are paid from my country-region
@MGjhaud (20879)
I actually left home when I was in high school 'cause I had to go to a high school in the city. My parents live in the farm side of the city, an hour travel to get to the heart of the city. I stayed there, in the city, from high school til college.
@xplp211 (257)
I am the same as 5mayday. Even at primary school, I have decided which high school and what kind of college I want to go, and my parents advise me and support me, and I successfully go to the high school I want. For the college, the situation is the same, although I didn't successfully go to the college I want best. I am studying what I like and have a good life now.
@MGjhaud (20879)
I guess I'm contented with my past schools too.
@5mayday (1054)
• Norway
Everyone I know here have choosed it themself and it is same for me. We might ask our parents for advice , but we pick it ourself ^^
@MGjhaud (20879)
I really can't remember if I was the one who suggested my university but I'm sure I agreed to it..
@pau_79 (793)
When I entered college my father chose the school for me even when I said I anted to go to a different school because all of my schoolmate in highschool usually end up there, but still in the end my father won since he will be the one to pay lol-thats why they are called parents
@marababe (2512)
Yes, I was the one who chose my school in High School and I was the one who chose which college to go to. Lucky for me my parents were supportive and made me decide on my own. They trust me that way and I didn't fail them.
My parents mapped out my school plans when I was in first grade. In second grade I transfered to a magnet elementary school and then moved on to a magnet middle school. After that I went to a magnet high school. I am happy that she was looking out for my best interests but not going to my neighborhood school meant not going to school with any of my friends. I was accepted to several different colleges and my mom had her heart set on one specific one. When I told her that I wanted to go somewhere else, she was angry but she had since moved on and now supports me one hundred percent. Why do you ask?
@ritchel (890)
I was not the one chose it. The one who sent me to school. I was hoping i could study in Ateneo.