Step - Mothers

@Pose123 (21671)
I was just wondering how many women here on myLot have step-children, whom they are helping to raise or have raised. What has been your experience with this? With mother's day coming this Sunday, are you expecting gifts or greetings from your step-children? I have step-children, but they were all grown when I married their mother, just as my children were grown, and I feel that there has to be a big difference. Let's hear your thoughts.
@foxyfire33 (10017)
I have two step children. One is about to celebrate her 16th birthday but she lives with her mom quite a ways away so I can't say I had anything to do with her upbringing. The other will be 18 next month! He lives here with us so I've had some influence over the past 7 years. I was really hard at first but for the past year and a half or so we've finally developed a good relationship. I don't expect to get anything from him for Mother's Day and that's fine...it's not entirely a almost 18 year old boy's thing to do anyway, plus he will be at his mom's house for the weekend...and if anything he gave me the only gift I wanted a few weeks ago when he said for the first time ever that I was a good parent to him!
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi foxyfire, Thank you for commenting. I think that something like this would be difficult at first, but it's good that things are working out. Blessings.
@kbkbooks (7030)
I am a stepmother. I totally don't expect anything from my 19 yr. old stepson or my 26 yr. old stepdaughter. I hope to spend the day with my sons as they are staying with me this weekend instead of at their dad's where they live. They are not with me every weekend but I am glad they will be for sure on Sunday.
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi kbkbooks, Thank you for responding. I'm glad that you will get to send Sunday with your sons. Blessings.
@Breath (1298)
When my mother passed away a few years ago my dad fall in love iwth this other woman...Now she is my step mother and I love her so much...she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met...I am going to at least get her a card and let her know how much I do care about the friendship me and her has built...
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi Breath, Thank you for responding. I'm very happy for bothh you and your step-mother. It would be great if things always worked out like this. Blessings.