Ever swam in a pool of JELLO?

Ok I have never done this but I do have enough Jello to do this if i wanted to. So my question is besides Jello with whipped cream on it what are some creative uses for the stuff? Oh and how do you get Jello to cut into nice little squares mine always comes out really mushy.
@DonnaLawson (4032)
If the Jello is really set up good, you really wouldn't be able to swim in it.. Can you imagine the resistance?? I normally don't do much with Jello, but I do like to make the Watergate salad that you use the Pistachio Jello Pudding in it.. Now that is something that I can eat tons of.. It is really good.. The Watergate salad is so easy to make.. I bet that you could use your imagination and mix different flavors of Jello with Cool Whip and throw in some fruit, strawberries with strawberry Jello, Orange Jello with Mandarin oranges and so on.. Then toss in some coconut, miniature marshmallows and chopped pecans.. I bet it would turn out good..
Sounds good i love marshmellows yummy
@Lakota12 (42684)
think ya have to use ice when cooling it down to make it in to little squares ya can also put mixed fruit in it and I have seen people grat up carrots in it
@Polly1 (12649)
There should be directions on the side of the box for making the squares. I know you have to use less water. There are all kinds of good deserts to make with jello. You can add fruit, cool whip. I have a few ideas. Make a sheet cake, poke some holes in it, make your jello and pour it over the cake, chill, frost with cool whip. Here is a fun idea the boys will love. Get a large clear glass bowl, make some blue jello, put the jello in the bowl. Add some gummy worms, gummy fish, etc. Make some waves on top with cool whip. An edible aquarium. You can't go wrong with jello.
i like that aquarium ides i gotta get me some gummy fish the kids will love it thanks.
@Polly1 (12649)
Your welcome.
like this one, we'll have to do an edible aquarium!!!
hehe, I think that would be fun!! Anyway, the cookie cutter jello has to be made with less water, and you have to put the jello into a shallow baking dish. Then, once its set, you put the pan in the sink with warm water. But only for a couple seconds, otherwise the jello will break down from the heat. Flip the pan like you would a cake, and voila cut em out. As for other fun things, you could make jello parfaits. Use clear glasses. prepare one color, pour into lasses, and allow to set. Then add some fruit and a bit of whipped cream. Prepare another color, add to cups, and allow to set. Add some more fruit and good sized glob of whipped cream. They are oh so yummy... Another one the kids love is fruit salad. Pick a flavor, mix it up, let it set almost completely. Add a an of drained mixed fruit(or another fruit you love). Put it back in the fridge and let it set some more. When its set, remove it and cut into small pieces. Dump it into a large bowl and add some whipped cream. Mix it with a plastic spatula, and if you like, add some shredded coconut to the top. Enjoy!! Oh, and for little ones, you can create writing bags of jello. You might not want to eat it, but its fun. Prepare as usually, then once its set scoop it out and put some into a good ziplock baggy. Seal it up and let your little one write letters in it through the bag with their fingers. Its fun, looks cool, and feels funny. Plus they learn letters and numbers with out it feeling like learning.
That baggie idea will go over well with my youngest as he has a sensory disorder that makes him search out things to touch he would have fun with this ill have to try it thanks. And the other ideas sound good to bad my kids wont touch it wait what am i saying more for me hehehe.
Its a pretty healthy snack. I almost lived on fruit and jello when I was pregnant with m son. I always use the "free" whipped cream, less fat and cals, same taste. So its low fat, plus you get your fruits, and tastes so good. Yes, the writing bag would be great for your little one with sensory issues!!!You can even use a gallon sized one and make a rainbow bag, with three or four colors. Its kind of tricky to get it all in there without mixing up. But hey, it'll end up mixed anyway right?
Why, thank you for the BR Minnie. I hope I helped you figure out some new things. Have ya tried any yet???
@mmiller26 (1932)
One of my favorite desserts is Jello cake. This works best in a rectangular cake pan. You prepare a cake mix the same way as you normally would and you bake it and let it cool. Then, take a chop-stick or the stick end of a wooden spoon and poke a bunch of holes in the cake all over. Next, you prepare jello (whichever flavor you prefer) the same way as you normally would with 1 cup boiling water and one cup cold, letting the powder dissolve. Then you pour it all over the cake and let it soak in. Refrigerate it for several hours. Top with whipped cream. It's SO good. My mom makes this for me on my birthday if we're home visiting. You would think it would turn out soggy, but it really doesn't because the jello stiffens up a bit when you put it in the fridge.
Yeah i think my hubby did this once i didnt know what he used but this sounds like it and it was very good.
Ohh! I have jello that I didn't know what to do with too. Jello is cheap and you only need water to make it! I have a white cake that I think I am going to try this with this summer.
@moneyandgc (3430)
Jello is an inexpensive snack so I have a bunch of it too. I like the cake idea that someone else posted. I bought some peaches and mandarin oranges to put in the jello but had no other ideas.
Those sound good thanks.
@ElicBxn (60802)
I think you have to make it like the jigglers. I think you used less water, but I've never made them so good luck.
Thanks
@winterose (39921)
to get the squares you have to make sure you are using water from the tap, and not ice cubes, and you are using the instructions on the package with the cup of hot water and then the cold, then makes it firm, but the ice cubes makes it soft. you can also use jello with fruit in the bottom of it, jello in a cake, that is really good too. No I never swam in jello or know anyone else how has.
I do it this way and its still to mushy for nice aquares. I have tried less water and no cold just hot im hoping it works.
@mcat19 (1358)
To make the Jello firmer, you have to use less water than is called for. I'm not sure how much. Good luck with it.
Thanks im trying it now.
@mummymo (23709)
LOL My daughter loves jelly and I think swimming in a pool of it would be lots of fun! A jello fight could be good fun - a bit like paintball but not so painful and even messier to clean up after! lol xxx
If it werent for the mess id have tried it already.
@jillhill (37384)
I bought this tray of the alphabet to do jello jigglers for my granddaughter and they didn't turn out either..they didn't even really set up right. Beside salads.....I can't think of much use for the stuff! LOL
Yeah im trying it with less water like directed so we will see if it turns out this time.
@Ohara_1983 (4120)
• Kuwait
i think you need to use a flat & normal size of baking pan, so you can slice them properly. hope it will work my friend.
@whittby (3073)
Who did the other discussion on jello? I hope it wasn't you because I gave this recipe there. It takes a little time, but it's so so good. And this will use up that Jello. If you're home for half a day, you can do it. Just a little to do off and on and you're done. SEVEN LAYER JELLO SALAD Printed from COOKS.COM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1st Layer - Black Cherry Jello 2nd Layer - Cherry Jello 3rd Layer - Lime Jello 4th Layer - Lemon Jello 6th Layer - Mixed Fruit Jello 7th Layer - Strawberry Jello Sweetened condensed milk Put 1st layer into 9 x 13 inch pan. Dissolve Jello with 3/4 cup boiling water, then add 3/4 cup cold water. Place in refrigerator until firm. Do next layer. Add 1/2 cup boiling and cold water and then 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk. Mix and place on 1st layer. Place in refrigerator. Continue with rest of layers. 2nd, 4th, and 6th layers have the Eagle Brand milk.
I have never made jiggly jello in my house! Funny cause I've made everything else. I'm sure I'll have to do that now that I've seen this post! Happy Jello making! Beauty Queen
@brimia (6584)
I've heard of people putting (very light colored) jello in a toilet so the water gels..then when someone goes it all bounces off. It looked like a pretty crazy and awful practical joke.
@flowerchilde (12520)
I've never made the jello cubes.. but have heard they turn out if yoiu use half the water(?) maybe less? I've never taken a jello bath either, though I have heard it's good for fingernails, but maybe that's if you eat it.. whether it's used as a soak, I can't remember! The only other thing I know of is jello shots! and those are good and were a success! But we won't talk about that right now, seeing as you are expecting.. I like to layer jello with other things.. especially the diet.. with yogurt or diet pudding and diet kool whip.. I also make a jello (diet) and chop it all up and add just a little yogurt.. very low cal dessert..
@jer31558 (3683)
I tried a cake once that was very good using jello. You take a plain cake poke holes in it with a fork. Pour the jello mix over the cake and after it soaks in, cover the top with cool whip. Put it in the fridge until the jello jells and serve. It is a quite tasty treat.