WooHooo!!Plans have finally started!!!

Ok,so I was on here a few weeks ago asking why you all think my fiance and I have been stagnant in planning our wedding. Well...... We finally started making some plans. We've been to three weddings in the last year and a half, and have come up with some great ideas. Problem is we are broke, really broke. So for now, all we can do is dream it up, the planning will come. This is marriage number two for me, so I've kind of had the idea we'd be doing very simple, not much of a ceremony, big after party, not much into it. But my future hubby wants the real deal. He's like the typical bride, with all of these thoughts in his head of what it should be and what it shouldn't be. I can tell he's been dreaming of this for a long while. We do not want the traditional, in any sense of the term. I'd like to hear some stories of some very nontraditional weddings(that you've had or been to). Please share as many details as you can remember and type. Here are some things we are thinking: No white dress...thinking black and red with a bit of white for accent. No "here comes the bride" that song has played out way past its time, and really means nothing anymore...we're thinking Rascal Flats', "God Bless The Broken Road". Instead of the groom standing at the altar, watching the wedding party walk, and then waiting for the bride to be escorted by her father. We're thinking we walk in from separate angles and meet then walk the rest of the way together. Since I'm allergic to my engagement ring, and he is a mechanic that really needs to keep his fingers in tact, we're thinking tattoo rings. Um...I guess that's for now, Please share!!!
@rev1wendy (611)
WOOHOO!! I would have been disappointed if you had done anything traditional. I like the color scheme, then he could go matching. Two Sparrows in a Hurricane kinda fits you guys, too. It would be fairly easy to walk to, too. I like your plan for the walk, as well. I will cook whatever you need me to. Hope you don't need me to do the cake. lol I am soooo happy!!
I mighteed your help baking it, I got some ideas I'm gonna start drawing up. You know that part is gonna be pretty awesome. ANd ya know I may ned your help finding some form pans, cuz I'll be darned if I'm gonna cut it all to shape and freeze it. In thinking about the minister...we need to talk. I think I would rather have you stand beside me, that way I wont get as wet:)
oh crap...I forgot, look at these two dresses and tell me what you think... http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1512167.aspx
I put my vote on that thread. And you know I will help you with any and all of it. With pleasure. I realy don't know if anyone would be able to understand my blubbering if I tried to officiate your wedding. I will try if you both want it, but.
Tattoo rings are a real cool idea. You should have everyone walk in backwards too.
Why backwards?
@ladym33 (11008)
It sounds like you have some great ideas already. I really like your thoughts. What time of year are you getting married? That can have a big impact on your decisions. We went to a wedding last year that was the second wedding for both, they had a casual picnic at the in laws home after the wedding. They rented a shade tent, it ended up being a very hot day, but it turned out pretty nice. The food was set up buffet style in their screen room.
We really aren't sureyet. Hewants it in the summer, so we can be outside. We have friends with a nice piece of land that would be great. We could at least have the reception there. I'm not sure if I want to have the wedding outside. Been there, done that, didn't like it. The food will definitley be buffet style, and friends and family will be the "chefs". If I'm not too stressed with all the other details, I may do the cake myself, since decorating cakes is a long time passion of mine.
@kaytee717 (188)
I think the tattoo idea is very cute! I'm such a fan of people that customize their weddings accordign to them, their personalities and their money! I want a beach wedding and since the beach locations are far and few here in NY I would love a destination wedding! I just want a relaxed fun wedding no matter the location and would love for it too be as stress free as possible! You can do all the same type of fabric but have differnet colors for the wwedding party, Ive seen pictures online. You can research sooo many different ideas on websites such as www.weddingchannel.com and they will introduce you too soo many!!