Do you give tips?

Are you generous to give tips? to waiters, bartenders, etc... anyone who give service to you.. what can you say to people who don't.
@mommyboo (13198)
It completely depends on the service. Customer service in today's world has gone downhill a lot. People go around feeling entitled and like they DESERVE tips or recognition, when in fact they are doing a mediocre or poor job. A tip is designed to be a form of appreciation for a job well done - notice I didn't say a job done. If you are barely doing what is expected, in my opinion, you aren't worthy of a tip. If you go above and beyond, from having a great attitude and helpful demeanor to doing what you do to the best of your ability and impress your guest or client, then you are deserving of a nice tip. I tip what is customary - at least 10% to waiters or for concierge, for bartenders if I don't have to flag them down and repeat my drink order twice, etc. If my service is excellent, I tip 15-20% to a waitress or waiter, especially if I have a large party and they split checks for us all, or my party includes more than 4 children under six, because it can be tough to juggle and keep happy a bunch of youngsters. I think as long as people are not stiffing someone who did an excellent job, it is your right to tip or not depending on your perception of the service, how much you can afford, etc etc.
very well said mommyboo...........
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I always give a tip when I go out to eat or when I order a pizza or a something else from somewhere. I feel like it is the right thing to do. A lot of waiters don't get paid a lot.
very nice of you shaun72! others should do the same. especiallt those people who do their jobs well....
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Well besides that my little sister was a wateress for awhile so I sort of understand what they go through.
@freak369 (4918)
The only time I don't leave a tip is when the service is poor. I can understand when they get busy or can't refill a drink as soon as you are finished but if someone has a bad attitude, doesn't care if you get your food when it is still hot or acts like a jerk when you ask them about menu items then they don't get a tip.
yeah! you have a point why give tip to someone who do not give quality service.. thanks for the comment!
@aplaza (631)
• Netherlands
I live in Holland and here the "service charge" is included in the price of things. Because of that I do not feel compelled to leave a tip for a waiter. However if I've been to the Beauty Parlour and they did a great job on my hair I will leave them a tip. But that's really just self-preservation because I hope they will remember I gave them a good tip and they will do their best on my hair next time. And I have to say it works! For years I was getting pretty sucky service in Hair Salons even though I tipped them. But their personnel would change a lot too. Now I'm at a Salon that actually makes a note of always adding what I had done in their computer (and not losing it !) AND their "girls" are not jobhoppers but apparantly happy to stay there. I always make a point of giving them a tip no matter what I had done that day.
It really depends on the quality of service given. Example, when eating outside and we are satisfied with the way on how the waiters or waitresses served us or when riding a taxi and the driver is very accomodating and we felt safe during the trip, we give tips although not a big one. It's just enough to show our appreciation on the way they treated us as customers.
@subha12 (18453)
yes, i always give tips, i can't say that i am too much generous. i pay within my needs. but i pay tips always.