All In A Nights Sleep...

Sleep... - Sleep...
@twoey68 (13651)
There have been nights that I sleep a certain way and end up talking up a storm in my sleep. I don’t know if I’m sleeping deeper or lighter but I’ve actually wakened myself up talking. When I was young my half sister used to love to wait till just before I’d fall asleep and then she’d start talking to me and I’d answer not what she was asking me but with what I was dreaming. She thought it was so funny. I wasn’t overly amused. Sometimes I’ll get up, go to the bathroom and talk to Hubby and have no recollection of it in the morning. He has to go back and re-tell me everything that we talked about. Sometimes I’ll remember bits and pieces but I’m not sure if it’s a dream or reality. Do you ever talk in your sleep? Has anyone ever had fun with you b/c of it? Do you ever get up in the middle of the night and talk to your spouse only to not remember in the morning? **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
@Mirita (2668)
My husband tells me that I don't talk in my sleep ,but I think is neat that your brain is still active even while you sleep.
@lingli_78 (12844)
that is really amazing... i never actually did it before in my sleep... i do snore gently when i sleep... but not walking or talking while sleeping... never done that according to my hubby...
i talk a lot in my sleep..almost everytime i wake myself up talking..my sister and my brothers are actually making fun of me because of this..they always catch me talking on my sleep and ask me a lot of questions and would answer them back..well, i work on night shift and by the time i sleep their all awake thats why they always catch me on my sleep talking..my husband had caught me talking as well..then in the morning i wake up he will just tell stories of what happened..they even took a video of me talking..i dunno what was that all about that is happening to me..i've always been like this since i was young..is there any reasons for this?
@stella1989 (2274)
Hey thats very fascinating and new to me. That you're actually tellings your dreams to someone while you are asleep. I would have done the same I where there in the place of your sister. hahah.. With .. Ummm no I never talked my dream out ever. Yea once this guy friend of mine called up in middle of night just to talk to me and I was in deep sleep I picked up the phone and actually talked to him for awhile .. I do not remember a bit about what we talked about. I just remember that I picked up the phone thats it. He told me that we kind of talked about for 15 min. and how in the world I do not know about it?? thats strange. :)
• Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't talk in my sleep but the hubs does. When we were first married, I used to have entire convos with him. I recorded the ones where he gave me permission for certain things, so that later when he objected to whatever it was, I could play the convo back to him and say in all innocence "But honey, you promised, you really did!" LOL
I don't talk in my sleep or do any of that stuff you're talking about but my son occasionally does. I used to go in to wake him up and he'd say something like yeah, I'm up, and lay there obviously sleeping. Other times he's had conversations with me. What gave me the clue he was sound asleep was just like what your sister heard... he'd be talking what was happening in his dream and not what I was saying... but then when I accuse him of still being asleep, man he gets p1ssed off! And then never remembers one split second of the event or the conversation.
@elemental69 (1562)
All the time lol.... Hubby thinks it is so funny too. I could be asleep and he would lie awake beside me and I would start to talk in my sleep. Usually he would talk back to me to see what I would say next. And most of the time he wouldnt have a clue what I would be talking about, cos most of it wouldnt make sense. And of course I wouldnt have any memory of it. :-)
One time I wakened up from a deep sleep with my ex- husbands ear on my mouth. I had been talking in my sleep and as he was the jealous type he wanted to hear what I was saying. He scare the crap out of me and said he often did that when I talked in my sleep. Notice I said ex husband, jealousy was one of the reason he became and ex.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
Don't feel bad I do the same thing. I have even had conversations that I thought were dreams. Some of them I remember but some I don't remember. I haven't had to many people play jokes on me with them though. My little sister couldn't she does the same thing and so does my mother.
@jillmalitz (5132)
I dont think I have, but then nobody has ever told me. Don't spill and family secrets. LOL! Hope you dont sleep walk either.
@minnie_98214 (10572)
I have done this many times. The most recent I woks m,y hubby because i was trying to rip up the carpet in our room. I guess i told him i had to stop the ringing phone. I dont remeber any of it.
@drannhh (15241)
I don't think I do this as much anymore as I used to. Hubby is pretty good at carrying on a conversation when he is at that inbetwwen stage between still being awake and falling asleep at night. At that time I can get him to agree to all sorts of things that he doesn't remember having agreed to in the morning.
@blackbriar (9080)
All 3 of us do that but mainly it's my daughter and I who end up holding a conversation while we are sleeping and not remember a thing come morning.
@tyc415 (5706)
I'm sure we all have talked a little in our sleep one time or another and some more than others. My youngest daughter talks in her sleep a lot and she don't remember it when you tell her about it. My grandson, her son, also talks sometimes and he will even get up and talk to you in his sleep.
I don't know about sleep talking, maybe I have in the past, but I know that I have done some sleep writing in the past. I remember at the time, what I wrote down made sense and was readable, but when I woke up in the morning and tried to read it, it looked like the scribbles of a baby. I was most upset because I'm sure what I had written was a great story idea. My younger sister was a sleep walker, especially if she needed to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. We found many little puddles around the house that couldn't be explained until one night she came out into the lounge room and went to the toilet on my step dads lap. Thankfully, she's grown out of it now, but my step dad is still very careful when dozing on the couch.
I don't think I talk in my sleep, but the hubby does sometimes. I don't make fun of him because of it, I just let him continue. I have been known to have conversations that I don't remember. People will think that I am awake because my eyes are open and I am talking to them, but I'm actually sleeping.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Oh wow, how scary..I have heard my son talk in his sleep and he has started sleep walking too lately..Good thing we don't have stairs, my only concern would be if he got outside..
@winterose (39916)
no I don't talk in my sleep at least nobody has ever told me that I have. When I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I am fully awake and no everything that is going on. Although on one or two occasions I have dreamed about something usually about someone that doesn't live in the house and wondered did I really dream it or did it really happen, but this only occurs with conversations, I do if I had done something in reality or if it was a dream well enough. I do snore and I wake myself up snoring sometimes, it is awful lol
@Lakota12 (42681)
as far as I know I havent ever done this so funny
@KrisNY (7591)
I'm not a sleep talker. I do on occasion have conversations if I'm awoke in the night- I might not remember all of them either. My sig other thinks it is funny. He will ask me dumb things! lol..... My daughter talks in her sleep-- but only if I go in to kiss her goodnight- I'll recover her up and kiss her and she will talk to me- She is so funny... it's not anything to me but she just talks- It's odd!